Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The BFG

Genre: [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Family[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Steven Spielberg[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Rebecca Hall[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bill Hader[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mark Rylance[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ruby Barnhill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marilyn Norry[/ACTOR]

Plot: [PLOT]The BFG is no ordinary bone-crunching giant. He is far too nice and jumbly. It's lucky for Sophie that he is. Had she been carried off in the middle of the night by the Bloodbottler, or any of the other giants—rather than the BFG—she would have soon become breakfast. When Sophie hears that the giants are flush-bunking off to England to swollomp a few nice little chiddlers, she decides she must stop them once and for all. And the BFG is going to help her![/PLOT][/MOVIE1]
io8CEIeHQkqe5e0WL0ANFNu4i6F.jpg
[/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool teaser,

Been looking forward to this since I heard Spielberg was involved and directing

Reactions: Noodles
Cool teaser,

Been looking forward to this since I heard Spielberg was involved and directing
I love the 1989 version and watched it loads as a kid, even though it terrified me lol. Glad to see Spielberg has kept the same sort of tone with this version. Can't wait to see it!

Reactions: Flloydo

Yeah I say it all the time but why is it on the poster like that? Don't make sense. It's not jack and the beanstalk

I remember years ago when me and my mates see hot rod and that cool beans scene blew our minds! We didn't realise anyone else said it lol

Reactions: kaw
You've never read the book then, the BFG and the evil giants refer to human beings as "human beans".
Same goes for the 1989 film... they call them "human beans" in that too. :)

Oh sheeeeeet! Yeah got ya

It's bean (mind the pun) about 20 years since I read it.

Wasn't thinking and honestly completely forgot

Looks cool but the CGI looks a little odd in places, hopefully turns out good though.
I like that scene in the street when he twists and covers the street light
Rylance sounds great though

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
Looks cool but the CGI looks a little odd in places, hopefully turns out good though.
I like that scene in the street when she twists and covers the street light
Rylance sounds great though
The CG looks phenomenal IMO, but I imagine they're still touching up on it, so it'll no doubt look even better for release.

Yeah, that was really cool! It's made me want to go back and watch the animated version now. I honestly think Rylance was made for this role... his face and voice is perfect for it, and he's obviously a great actor too.

Reactions: Flloydo
The CG looks phenomenal IMO, but I imagine they're still touching up on it, so it'll no doubt look even better for release.

Yeah, that was really cool! It's made me want to go back and watch the animated version now. I honestly think Rylance was made for this role... his face and voice is perfect for it, and he's obviously a great actor too.

It was only in a few places, not the whole of the CG. Just realised I put she. Editied
Getting sick of using the iPhone to type, autocorrect is changing so many words too it does my head in

I need to sort a laptop out or something

Yeah I reakon he will be quality in this