Passengers - In theaters December 21, 2016

Apr 2, 2009
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Passengers (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Morten Tyldum[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Chris Pratt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jennifer Lawrence[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Sheen[/ACTOR]

Plot: A spacecraft is transporting thousands of people to a distant colony planet that has a malfunction in one of its sleep chambers. As a result, a single passenger is awakened 90 years before anyone else. Faced with the prospect of growing old and dying alone, he eventually decides to wake up a second passenger.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
253826-ebeb8cc3d4a87dd77729bb82fb84d61d.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabriele Muccino (The Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds) is in advanced negotiations with Morgan Creek to direct Passengers, a sci-fi romance film he described as "a love story set on a spaceship," reports Variety.

Passengers is set in the future on a spacecraft making a centuries-long interstellar voyage to a new planet. Due to a computer glitch, a single passenger (Keanu Reeves) awakens from cryogenic sleep 90 years before anyone else. Faced with the prospect of growing old and dying alone, he, in turn, awakens a beautiful woman.

Stephen Hamel and James G. Robinson will produce. Jon Spaihts (Ridley Scott's upcoming Alien prequel) wrote the script.

Muccino expects to start shooting the film this summer.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62716

[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Passengers (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Morten Tyldum[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Chris Pratt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jennifer Lawrence[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Sheen[/ACTOR]

Plot: A spacecraft is transporting thousands of people to a distant colony planet that has a malfunction in one of its sleep chambers. As a result, a single passenger is awakened 90 years before anyone else. Faced with the prospect of growing old and dying alone, he eventually decides to wake up a second passenger.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
253826-ebeb8cc3d4a87dd77729bb82fb84d61d.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Morten Tyldum:
“You will laugh and cry and hold your breath and be at the edge of your seat. It has chills. It also will make you smile and laugh a lot. We wanted a playful movie. And if you have Chris and Jen it’s impossible not to have — they’ve come up with a lot of stuff on set. They’re both extremely funny. They’d try this and that and come up with really funny stuff. They can go very dramatic but their great chemistry — they’re just so good. It is just fun to be around them and fun to be on this journey. In this day of sequels and reboots I think it’s refreshing that it is a completely original story with two of the best movie stars in the world. I’m very, very happy with the movie.”
1.jpg
2.jpg

I can't wait for the montage scene where they are building/preparing something and Iggy Pop's "The Passenger" is blaring on the soundtrack! You know it's gonna happen! (Remember I called it...:LOL:)

There's something humourous about one of the most naturally funny actors and one of the most naturally funny actresses working together for the first time and it ends up being in a sci-fi epic instead of a comedy. That said, this looks awesome!!!

I'm sure there will be a lot more funny moments, with these two it would be hard not to have it. But I think the trailer was going for a more EPIC / DRAMATIC feel.
But LOOKS GREAT!!! Can't Wait!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Like the look of the trailer and will be interesting seeing these two do a sci fi together

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon