Horror-Theatrical Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - In theaters February 19, 2016

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Romance[/GENRE], [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Burr Steers[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Lily James[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jack Huston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matt Smith[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Douglas Booth[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sam Riley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bella Heathcote[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Suki Waterhouse[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emma Greenwell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charles Dance[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lena Headey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aisling Loftus[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-02-19[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is based off of a 2009 parody novel by Seth Grahame-Smith. It is a mashup combining Jane Austen's classic 1813 novel Pride and Prejudice with elements of modern zombie fiction.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
g1KNzSAkQi47BXepEB49FzSK6VY.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Sources are reporting that James McAvoy is being considered for the lead role in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

If cast, James would take the role or Mr. Darcy in the reinvented world where zombies factor into the Jane Austen epic.

As for his leading lady, sources are pegging Anne Hathaway for the role of Elizabeth Bennett.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: PunkNinja and Flash
This sounds like "Paul is Undead". It the story of the Beatles as if they were zombies and Ninja Lords. :hilarious: I still might have to pick that up sometime.

I have this book somewhere in my collection but never got around to reading it. Might have to look for it again. I LOVE James McAvoy so :naughty: hopefully he'll be in it.

Source: Entertainment Weekly

It’s not your mama’s Austen! Exclusive look at the heroines of "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies"
EW-pride-prejudice_1.jpg

It is a truth, universally acknowledged, that each generation receives its own cinematic interpretation of Jane Austen’s most famous love story. So, naturally, when our headstrong Elizabeth Bennet and her gaggle of sisters next appear on screen, they’ll not only be hunting husbands, but fending off hordes of the undead. Based on Seth Grahame-Smith’s best-selling mash-up novel, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (out Feb. 5) recounts the unlikely romance between Lizzy (Lily James) and the haughty Mr. Darcy (Sam Riley), but the courtship takes place in a 19th-century English countryside where the “sorry stricken”—as the zombies are called in the book—have been roaming for more than 70 years, victims of a mysterious plague.

Director Burr Steers (Igby Goes Down) took over after a number of previously attached filmmakers (including David O. Russell, who had Natalie Portman slated to star) had moved on, and he chose to emphasize Austen over B-movie horror, advising his cast (which includes Game of Thrones stars Charles Dance as the kindly family patriarch and Lena Headey as a famed eye-patch-sporting warrior) not to mine the material for laughs. “The idea was that it was Pride and Prejudice set in this alternate world and then for everyone to play it straight,” Steers explains. “The movie’s big wink is that there is no big wink.” That news may come as a shock to fans of the over-the-top 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter', the last Grahame-Smith book to get a big-screen adaptation. So brace yourselves, James says. “It’s definitely not camp.”

It also means those corseted Bennet girls finally get to see some real action. “Rather than knitting and crocheting, they’re polishing muskets,” says James (Cinderella). And Lizzy, she says, is unlike any leading lady she’s ever played: “She’s the most badass zombie slayer there is.” Mr. Bennet would be so proud.
EW-pride-prejudice_2.jpg EW-pride-prejudice_3.jpg EW-pride-prejudice_4.jpg

Opens in theaters on February 5, 2016.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: PunkNinja
Shame this could have been oddly credible but once names such as James Mcvoy and Natalie Portman were removed it's turned into what looks like a ridiculously cheap gore fest that looks like straight to bluray forget cinema release

It was funny. I showed my wife the trailer, but didn't tell her what it was.
She got all excited thinking it was another Pride & Prejudice movie with Lily James. But when the zombies showed up in the trailer and all the killing started she was like "No... NO! What the heck is this!?" haha it was great.

...Safe to say, she WON'T be seeing this. So the real question is, who is this movie for?

She got all excited thinking it was another Pride & Prejudice movie with Lily James. But when the zombies showed up in the trailer and all the killing started she was like "No... NO! What the heck is this!?" haha it was great.

...Safe to say, she WON'T be seeing this. So the real question is, who is this movie for?
@kaw LOL! :hilarious: :rofl: That's hilarious! :D

Reactions: kaw

:hilarious:

This movie is 100% for me, that's for sure.

I never watched Pride and Prejudice, but I'll sure as hell be watching this! Love that they used Sleigh Bells for the trailer, and it reminded me a bit of Sucker Punch, which is a double win for me. :D

I never watched Pride and Prejudice, but I'll sure as hell be watching this! Love that they used Sleigh Bells for the trailer, and it reminded me a bit of Sucker Punch, which is a double win for me. :D

I love that Sleigh Bells tune, too. And Lily James... ohhhh. :drool:

@tridon I thought it looked pretty fun and I'll most likely see it.
But i just wondered if some guys might not want to because its Pride and Prejudice and some girls might not want to see it because its zombies.

I'm very curious how this will do at the box office when it comes out.

@tridon I thought it looked pretty fun and I'll most likely see it.
But i just wondered if some guys might not want to because its Pride and Prejudice and some girls might not want to see it because its zombies.

I'm very curious how this will do at the box office when it comes out.

Honestly, I don't think it'll do too well. It's like that Lincoln Vampire Hunter flick. Who was that for? People who love that president or people who love vampires? Then it ended up bombing. This'll probably do the same thing.

We all know how Ken loves his chick flicks

Yup! Big fan and I'm not afraid to admit it! :p