Michael Mann to co-write 'Heat' prequel novel

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
http://www.indiewire.com/2017/04/michael-mann-heat-prequel-novel-reed-farrel-coleman-1201809868/

heat.jpg

Michael Mann is feeling literary these days. Earlier this week it was announced that he and producer Michael De Luca had acquired the rights to Mark Bowden’s “Hue 1968,” and now Deadline is reporting that Mann is partnering with Reed Farrel Coleman to co-write the prequel novel to “Heat.”

A poet and crime-fiction author, Coleman recently published “What You Break” and is up for an Edgar Award (his fourth nomination) for “Where It Hurts.” “Heat,” which stars Al Pacino and Robert De Niro as a cop and criminal, respectively, was released to great acclaim in 1995 and remains one of the most celebrated action flicks of all time. Val Kilmer, Jon Voight, Tom Sizemore, Amy Brenneman and Ashley Judd round out the ensemble cast.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
I started watching this earlier (switched it off half way through due to a banging headache) and did think to myself "I wonder how much longer it'll be before they remake this". A remake obviously isn't necessary, but a prequel I'd definitely be up for! The characters have clearly already been in the business for a while and formed their relationships with each other, so it'd be interesting to see how all that came about IMO.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18