Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Brawl in Cell Block 99

Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller

Director: S. Craig Zahler

Cast: Vince Vaughn, Jennifer Carpenter, Don Johnson, Udo Kier, Dion Mucciacito, Geno Segers, Mustafa Shakir, Marc Blucas, Tom Guiry, Fred Melamed, Clark Johnson, Devon Windsor, Jay Hieron, Michael Medeiros, Vladimir Troitsky

Release: 2017-10-06

Runtime: 132

Plot: After working as a drug courier and getting into a brutal shootout with police, a former boxer finds himself at the mercy of his enemies as they force him to instigate violent acts that turn the prison he resides in into a battleground.

Reactions: IRON MAN
[/PLOT][/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
4rQCFTP1YPrY4AX5aGbHMWFoYZl.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

I loved this one too... bit of a slow start, but once it gets going, damn it's awesome! I'm not usually a fan of Vaughn, but he was actually really good in this. :)
Yeah, it gradually built up in small doses but once he got mean, damn he's a f*cking badass lol. Think he pulled off the character extremely well and I forgot just how flippin' huge this guy really is! :OMG::LOL:

Watched this last night. Awesome movie and ultra-violent lol :punch::dead: Cool story line and amazing performance from Vince Vaughn. Defo one to watch :thumbs:

You seen this @harry?

I loved this one too... bit of a slow start, but once it gets going, damn it's awesome! I'm not usually a fan of Vaughn, but he was actually really good in this. :)
Excited to watch this! :hungry: The bluray is out December 26th :thumbs:

@Mickle_89 @Noodles guys i watched it last night. You were right, its starts slow and then wow, holly **** :OMG:. Vince vaughn was great in the movie. Thanks for telling me to check it out :thumbs:
Awesome movie, right? I'm gona give it a rewatch soon :LOL::D
That head stomping though... EEK!:hurting::dead: Which scene do you think was most gruesome buddy? Goes for @Noodles too :naughty: I think maybe the Asian guy who's face gets dragged across the stone floor and you see his white skull once he rolls back over EEK!EEK! Many to choose from though :muted::bag:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and harry
That head stomping though... EEK!:hurting::dead: Which scene do you think was most gruesome buddy? Goes for @Noodles too :naughty: I think maybe the Asian guy who's face gets dragged across the stone floor and you see his white skull once he rolls back over EEK!EEK! Many to choose from though :muted::bag:

Oh yeahh, awesome movie and you are right with that scene EEK!:smashed:

@Mickle_89 @Noodles guys i watched it last night. You were right, its starts slow and then wow, holly **** :OMG:. Vince vaughn was great in the movie. Thanks for telling me to check it out :thumbs:
Glad you enjoyed it mate. :)

I'd definitely have to go with that scene too, even if I did laugh out loud during it. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Mickle_89
My first surprise experience with this writer-director was his latest Dragged Across Concrete, which I watched because of Mel Gibson and Vaughn, but absolutely loved it for all the other reasons as well.

Next one was this, and it's also really awesome. Just a second movie, and there is a definite unique style, underlined by the music. But if someone like Tarantino picks good tracks from existing ones, Zahler here actually co-writes all of the songs himself, with another guy. Different performers actually sing them, so I didn't notice it right away, not in Dragged, but they do all sound similar, as if one person was singing them. Anyway, those songs always play in every car of all characters, and even latino prisoners listen to them, so that's kinda unrealistic, but I understand it's part of this director's style.

Loved Vince Vaughn in the second season of True Detective, the best one out of the three, and now these two Zahler films make him one of my favorite dramatic actors. Really like when comedic actors turn around like that (I prefer Robin Williams' and Jim Carrey's dramatic roles too).

Anyway, everyone who liked this film should definitely give Concrete a watch, while I go dig out my Bone Tomahawk steelbook...

Reactions: Robles
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database