Lethal Finale (Lethal Weapon 5) - In theaters TBA

They're not too old for this sh*t!

Source: ComingSoon
Lethal-768x534.jpg

According to Deadline, the creative trio of stars Mel Gibson, Danny Glover and director Richard Donner are now working with Warner Bros. on the long-gestating Lethal Weapon 5. Lethal Weapon 4 screenwriter Channing Gibson (no relation) will be returning to pen the script. The 87-year-old Donner (Superman, The Goonies, Maverick) has not been behind the camera since the 2006 Bruce Willis action film 16 Blocks.

A fifth part in the series has had a long a troubled history, with Donner and Channing Gibson initially planning part 5 until Warner Bros. decided to cede control of the franchise to its longtime producer Joel Silver in 2007. Writer and series creator Shane Black was brought onboard by Silver to pen a script that would have found Riggs and Murtaugh battling Blackwater antiquity smugglers during a New York City blizzard. Black hoped to direct the film as well, but Gibson nixed the idea of doing a Lethal movie without Donner. Warner Bros. then tried to reboot the series, at one point courting Chris Hemsworth to take over the Riggs role from Gibson, with Justin Lin mooted to direct a script by Will Beall

Wow. This is kinda surprising.
Although I wonder if Donner is up to the task because of his age, but if him and the rest are comfortable with it, why not? Better than another reboot.

Was always hoping for this to happen... I love all four LW films, so I'm definitely in for this! :D

I absolutely love the Lethal Weapon films. While the fourth had a great end, I always wanted to see more. They kinda set it up so Mel Gibson could've became partners with Chris Rock, but I'd much rather have Danny Glover back in the picture. The whole series has aged great and I'd love to see one more.

Wow. This is kinda surprising.
Although I wonder if Donner is up to the task because of his age, but if him and the rest are comfortable with it, why not? Better than another reboot.

This is why they better start on it ASAP if they're planning it. Donner and Glover are getting up there in age and as much as I hate to say, nobody lives forever.

As far as i know, nothing is set in stone here. There is no active production in the works and i believe Glover has already signed on for a few movies.

I dont think its going to happen personally.

Wow... they keep milking this sh*t. As Matrix, Terminator, Indiana Jones, SW...
For me LW ended with 3rd movie.

Wow... they keep milking this sh*t. As Matrix, Terminator, Indiana Jones, SW...
For me LW ended with 3rd movie.
Yeah, I remember my older friend (well, he was a little older than me now) said, when I was 18 in the 90's, to not worry, all these actors will eventually come back and make more Rambos, Terminators, Indiana Jones', and the rest.
He was right, only I gotta say we needed more back then, not 20 years later, when they're all literally too old for this shite...

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database