FULL SLIP OOS
LENTI OOS
Price: $32.99

New video master for the disc

13754227_741727125931062_8583147008553378791_n.jpg
13615084_741727122597729_8825668213497217987_n.jpg
13719517_741729685930806_559562243292192568_o.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not really a fan of lentis and generally go for fullslips when given the choice, but man am I feeling a severe case of buyer's remorse with this one. The textured slip with the flat spot-glossed image just looks bad. The texture is just too intense as well--you can barely make out the Festival de Cannes stuff on the front and the English title on the spine. Who the hell okayed grey lettering on textured black?? Even under regular light, the light just bounces off the little textured bits and it's really distracting. It really should've just been a matte black.

Another thing that really annoys me is that red title on the cover, spine and even the top has a holofoil effect on it that's totally out of place. I really don't care for holofoil and I'm especially over the Korean releases being bathed in it.

Sometimes less is more guys. Less is more.

but man am I feeling a severe case of buyer's remorse with this one. The texture is just too intense. It really should've just been a matte black.Sometimes less is more guys. Less is more.
Agree on all points. I had trouble logging in Friday since changing my email, and when I finally could on Monday it was too late. I had not seen those Instagram pics until today. Texture overkill on the black. I'm not trying to refinish my table; I just collect blu-rays. I was expecting all gloss or flat black with semi gloss on the actor. It has relieved a worry of buyers remorse thinking my Hommage edition needed improving. It turns out that was never the case. However, I like the improved resolution and color temperature of the new disc.

Last edited:
Agree on all points. I had trouble logging in Friday since changing my email, and when I finally could on Monday it was too late. I had not seen those Instagram pics until today. Texture overkill on the black. I'm not trying to refinish my table; I just collect blu-rays. I was expecting all gloss or flat black with semi gloss on the actor. It has relieved a worry of buyers remorse thinking my Hommage edition needed improving. It turns out that was never the case. However, I like the improved resolution and color temperature of the new disc.
I'm starting to calm down about it after the initial shock, but it's still mighty disappointing. I'll take some detailed pics tonight so people can get a better idea of what I'm talking about. As it stands the Hommage Digibook looks a helluva lot nicer than this packaging-wise. I've also just noticed something: I wonder if the distressed effect on the fullslip in the mockups is actually supposed to be very misleading representation of the textured material.

To be fair though, everything else is top notch and I love the Amaray art, the booklet and all the cards. The disc is also a massive improvement over the first release and so the whole thing is definitely worth the purchase.

I hope detailed pics of the lenti version hit soon. I assume it will have the texture as well, but I wonder how it will work because the backart is very different.

• Thanks
Reactions: eLviS1987
I really like the textured look, I always go full slip over lenti when given the choice and as this is one of my favourite movies I had to go for it but I was initially disappointed with the first look images, I'm much happier with the textured design

Looks really weird based on that pic. The designs for both releases aren't great. Hopefully the remastered video is an improvement, it seemed sharpened based on the posted video even if it has more detail.