59.3 KB · Views: 415
  • 10938591-1395838085-915953.jpg
    10938591-1395838085-915953.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 377
  • 10938591-1395838085-915981.jpg
    10938591-1395838085-915981.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
reckon this wave be live monday 7th april tie in with monday 2nd june release date on calender at least be exactly 8 weeks to the day!

£19.99 for this ...are they crazy ...best wait 6 months get the price down ..good film but not worth £19.99

Especially with the current transfer.

I sincerely urge anyone who hasn't seen it to search out the MGM 2 disc Special Edition DVD of this title. It is significantly superior in all aspects.

The more who do, the more someone in the studio hierachy will realize they have to get their fingers out and give this, and other classics the transfer they deserve.

Especially with the current transfer.

I sincerely urge anyone who hasn't seen it to search out the MGM 2 disc Special Edition DVD of this title. It is significantly superior in all aspects.

The more who do, the more someone in the studio hierachy will realize they have to get their fingers out and give this, and other classics the transfer they deserve.

I have the MGM 2 disc Special Edition and just watched it and the special features disc again today to reacquaint myself with the film. The film itself is great and watching it reaffirmed my decision to buy this Steelbook.

An interesting fact for those of you who might not be familiar with this Allied battle: More Allied forces were killed in this battle than on D-Day. The director went to great lengths to retell this battle accurately. Hopefully the Steelbook will include some special features as are found on the 2 disc Special Edition DVD.

I have the MGM 2 disc Special Edition and just watched it and the special features disc again today to reacquaint myself with the film. The film itself is great and watching it reaffirmed my decision to buy this Steelbook.

An interesting fact for those of you who might not be familiar with this Allied battle: More Allied forces were killed in this battle than on D-Day. The director went to great lengths to retell this battle accurately. Hopefully the Steelbook will include some special features as are found on the 2 disc Special Edition DVD.

Frankly, if you had read the book, or spoken with veterans you would know that the film is wildly inaccurate in many aspects, even if hugely engrossing as a film.

As regards the quality of the Blu Ray - you will be disapointed - I don't know anyone who has already seen the 2 disc special edition DVD who hasn't been.

Zavvi displaying more accurate artwork for this and the other Fox titles (Amazon boosting the colours it seems). Zavvi also have different inside artwork for this one:

Front:
Amazon:
91DUXIGvipL._SL1500_.jpg

Zavvi:
attachment.php
Inside:
Amazon:
attachment.php

Zavvi:
attachment.php
Back:
Amazon:
attachment.php

Zavvi:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 81qqPd2mFyL._SL1500_.jpg
    81qqPd2mFyL._SL1500_.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 9194o0TXzRL._SL1500_.jpg
    9194o0TXzRL._SL1500_.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 153
Last edited by a moderator:
Frankly, if you had read the book, or spoken with veterans you would know that in many aspects the film is wildly inaccurate in many aspects if hugely engrossing as a film.

As regards the quality of the Blu Ray - you will be disapointed - I don't know anyone who has seen the DVD who hasn't been.

I did not say that everything in the film was 100% accurate and there are a number of veterans who participated in the action that are featured in the documentary. Are they telling lies? Lets just say that this film went to some length to bring some truth to the way things unfolded unlike some Hollywood films that are very loosely based on truth.

Last edited:
I did not say that everything in the film was 100% accurate and there are a number of veterans who participated in the action that are featured in the documentary. Are they telling lies? Lets just say that this film went to some length to bring some truth to the way things unfolded unlike some Hollywood films that are very loosely based on truth.

Come on, I didn't say it was entirely inaccurate! And Hollywood - well the nonsensical junk about 'Enigma' just about says it all! :)

That said, I seriously suggest you read the book by Cornelius Ryan. It will give anyone a more balanced insight of proceedings.

UK - A Bridge Too Far

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

2Jm0Uv2.jpg

KkN3Ayv.jpg

6T8va1e.jpg

hQHYOds.jpg

BOPeBBY.jpg

hmwsY7Y.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

UTcQC1S.jpg

wJdSJtY.jpg

3cgskhy.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

go2IiVq.jpg

QP6Bls6.jpg

4YTbPZa.jpg

pgs29wi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anybody who bought this comment on the quality of the transfer please ?
I have the MGM DVD version but won't upgrade if the quality as mentioned on here is indeed sub standard .

Can anybody who bought this comment on the quality of the transfer please ?
I have the MGM DVD version but won't upgrade if the quality as mentioned on here is indeed sub standard .
The Blu ray transfer quality is good but not excellent
There is no extras like there was with the 2 disc DVD Special Edition
Picture Quality is better than the DVD
The video and audio transfer are far superior to the DVD release

If your into extras you should still keep the MGM 2 Disc DVD Special Edition