A Chinese Ghost Story Trilogy (Limited Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (MLIFE Exclusive) [China]

Dec 16, 2011
Shanghai
Release date: November, 2016 (TBC)
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Notes: 300 copies numbered - English subtitles - booklet & poster

捕获33.JPG

818182419216967833.jpg
73583997010702452.jpg
538240130137467780.jpg
捕获31.JPG
捕获32.JPG
捕获33.JPG
捕获34.JPG
捕获35.JPG
捕获351.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
A Better Tomorrow, the Bruce Lee movies and the Lo Wei Jackie Chan's (I think) have been restored recently. Knowing that Fortune Star are finally forking out for new masters and proper HD transfers of the classics, a premium product for an upscale just isn't worth it anymore.

Outer box and the booklet look great. Not a fan of the digipacks and disc art though.

A Better Tomorrow, the Bruce Lee movies and the Lo Wei Jackie Chan's (I think) have been restored recently. Knowing that Fortune Star are finally forking out for new masters and proper HD transfers of the classics, a premium product for an upscale just isn't worth it anymore.

Outer box and the booklet look great. Not a fan of the digipacks and disc art though.
I agree. The insides look terrible.
IMG_5575.JPG

• Thanks
Reactions: adarkcorner
Yeah, that part looks like some kind of poorly executed Op Art from the 60s/70s. Doesn't gel at all with the traditional Chinese art style everywhere else in the package. Bizarre decision.

I still want it, though.
I fear it will be almost impossible to get one. This gonna be like the S. Korean steelbooks, where the local populace gets first crack before anyone. And at 300 copies, I'm pretty sure they want it too.

I fear it will be almost impossible to get one. This gonna be like the S. Korean steelbooks, where the local populace gets first crack before anyone. And at 300 copies, I'm pretty sure they want it too.

Well there's a billion Chinese people, with 300 boxsets available... I don't think it's going to last very long. :D

Looks beautiful indeed— if somehow a GB could be hosted here, it'd be swell!

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Well there's a billion Chinese people, with 300 boxsets available... I don't think it's going to last very long. :D

Looks beautiful indeed— if somehow a GB could be hosted here, it'd be swell!
I can just see the GB now:
GB hosted by Chinese HDN MEMBER. Copies Available: 2
Live time: After Dinner.
10:00 LIVE!
10:00.1 CLOSED
GB list:
1. Chinese HDN MEMBER
2. Chinese HDN MEMBER
Chinese HDN MEMBER: "Sorry, guys. I got them both"
:LOL:;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunk
Looks great! I wasn't a fan of the inside digipacks, but I think they look fine in real life. Now I just need to buy it somehow.

Only complaint is that the outer box has the folded in flap spine. Even Blufans have finally started doing boxes with sealed spines.