A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon.de Exclusive) [Germany]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 30th, 2015
Purchase link: A.I. Artificial Intelligence
Price: EUR 14.99

81Y-xht8Y6L._SL1500_.jpg

813FqOluXDL._SL1500_.jpg

914vky3fwkL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
There could have been an error with the Amazon listing. The Zavvi listing says there's 2500 copies so maybe this will now be available at others places aswell.

Never understand Germany changing titles. A title is a title, like a name is a name. Kunstliche please! Why does the title not then become KI? Ridiculous.

Zavvi for me.

Zavvi for me works out cheaper

Zavvi €20.19 (includes 5% discount)

Amazon.de
€14.99 + Difference in Rep of Ireland Vat Rate = €15.50
Article: €15,50
Packing & Shipping: €5.00
Total €20.50

Zavvi €20.19
English Jcard and free shipping
So I'm keeping my Zavvi order

Reactions: javiermendoza
Never understand Germany changing titles. A title is a title, like a name is a name. Kunstliche please! Why does the title not then become KI? Ridiculous.

Zavvi for me.
It's only the Jcard though :)

This would cost me almost the same amount as the Zavvi version, but I trust Amazon way more with their shipping so if I choose to buy it I'll go with this.

Zavvi for me.

As has already been pointed out by @Paperinukke, it's only the J-card of this release that is in German. The Steelbook is identical to the UK one with its title in English. With the current Sterling/Euro exchange rate, it's also a lot cheaper, EUR 14.99 as opposed to £14.99. I'll certainly be cancelling my Zavvi orders for this title and the Jurassic Park Steelbooks and re-ordering them from amazon.de, thereby saving myself a few quid.

As regards the translation of a film's title for its overseas release, are you merely objecting to the title of an English language film being translated into a foreign language? Or do you feel that all films, including foreign ones, should retain their original titles?

The reason I ask is because most countries, with the notable exceptions of the Benelux and Scandinavian countries, do tend to release a fair proportion of foreign language (to them) films locally, with their titles translated for the local market.

In fact, the worst offenders are probably the English speaking countries. It's very rare in the UK and the US for a foreign language film to be released with its original title intact.

Just seems to me to be a case of double standards, criticizing another country for doing something that we ourselves do all the time.

i just realized Germany is having this one too and cheaper than Zavvi, no brainier i just cancelled my Zavvi, they can not get me better service than Amazon in case some wrong with it.......oh and i saved 5 dollars too! :)

I ordered this from amazon plus A Space Odyssey and Jurassic Park trilogy and altogether it's much, much cheaper than ordering from Zavvi.
I had all pre-ordered from Zavvi and they came out to approx. 96€. It comes out to a measly 82€ (shipping included) on amazon. Amazon rocks :)
Don't care about the J-cards beings in German. Steelbooks are identical to Zavvi ones and I saved almost 15€ in the process.

I ordered this from amazon plus A Space Odyssey and Jurassic Park trilogy and altogether it's much, much cheaper than ordering from Zavvi.
I had all pre-ordered from Zavvi and they came out to approx. 96€. It comes out to a measly 82€ (shipping included) on amazon. Amazon rocks :)
Don't care about the J-cards beings in German. Steelbooks are identical to Zavvi ones and I saved almost 15€ in the process.
I did the same. When you order in bulk it adds up and makes a big difference.

Zavvi are always at least €5 more expensive then the rest of the European retailers. So for us in the EU it cancels out the free shipping Zavvi are providing. Essentially we are paying for it on every title.

Postage for 7 items on Amazon was only a little over €5 in total. People think they are getting a great deal on Zavvi with a '5% off' code but they're paying almost €5 extra on EACH ITEM compared to elsewhere.

Also, J-cards mean nothing to me as they come off straight away. I'm not buying the item for a j-card!

The only time I'll give in to Zavvi is when it's one of their exclusives that I really want in case it sells out.

Last edited:
I did the same. When you order in bulk it adds up and makes a big difference.

Zavvi are always at least €5 more expensive then the rest of the European retailers. So for us in the EU it cancels out the free shipping Zavvi are providing. Essentially we are paying for it on every title.

Postage for 7 items on Amazon was only a little over €5 in total. People think they are getting a great deal on Zavvi with a '5% off' code but they're paying almost €5 extra on EACH ITEM compared to elsewhere.

Also, J-cards mean nothing to me as they come off straight away. I'm not buying the item for a j-card!

The only time I'll give in to Zavvi is when it's one of their exclusives that I really want in case it sells out.

I couldn't agree with you more!

i got this today and i was hopping you guys were exaggerating about the finish on this one, i have mixed feelings about the steel, i owned the German digi and i think that one its superb, but i love the movie, i had to have the steelbook....