A Most Wanted Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.19) [Korea]

What's your favorite type?

• Type A (Illust by Jonathan Burton)

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Type B (Tribute to Philip Seymour Hoffman)

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Type C (Lenticular)

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: 29th August 2018
Purchase link:
Type A full slip (900); Type B full slip (900); Type C lenti (900); Box Set Triple Pack (); 1/4 Slip (300) (Pre-order July 10 at 4 PM South Korea time, GMT +9) - Find your local timing HERE
Price: Type A ($38.49); Type B ($38.49); Type C ($38.49); Box Set ($110.99); 1/4 Slip ($36.69)

Da1i34yU8AAQh0m.jpg

Type A (Illust by Jonathan Burton) | Type B (Tribute to Philip Seymour Hoffman) | Type C (Lenticular)
Da1jI93U8AA6Wtl.jpgtype_b_AMWM.jpgDa1jSxYUQAIpC8b.jpg

image.jpeg

Old Type B artwork
Da1jJf1VQAAGns8.jpg

Detail of the steelbook artwork
AMWM_Steelbook_Details.jpg

Based on John le Carré's book, <The American> director Anton Corbijn released <A Most Wanted Man> in 2014 starring the late Philip Seymour Hoffman. This is one of several Steelbooks we'll be releasing in 2016. Release date: Q1 2016. More details coming soon. Anthony Petrie is a renowned illustrator and we're glad to be working with him on the Steelbook artwork.

Last edited by a moderator:
Artwork looks fantastic! I still need to check out the film before I decide whether to buy or not though... hopefully it's still on Netflix

Another movie with Phillip Seymour Hoffman, from reading the storyline definitely not interested in this, I'll keep hoping they release something I'm interested in, only one I had a bit of interest in was Melancholia, happy collecting to those that want to get this.

Reactions: StifflersDad
I'm really glad to see "A Most Wanted Man" (2014) get a Steelbook release. I never expected that to happen. A little annoyed over the timing of this since I have already purchased the standard Amaray edition. I'm not particularly keen on the artwork though, this 'Mondo-esque' style doesn't really suit the subject matter of the film. I'm sure, however, that PA will do a good job with this edition.

For those who haven't already seen the film, it's an adaptation of a recent novel by John le Carre. If you've seen and enjoyed other screen adaptations of his work, including "The Spy Who Came in from the Cold" (1965), "The Looking Glass War" (1969), "The Constant Gardener" (2005) and "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" (2011), or simply enjoy intelligent drama that keeps you thinking rather laying it out on a plate, then this will be for you.

If, on the other hand, you think that spy movies are all James Bond or Jason Bourne, then this probably won't be for you.

I'm flip flopping on the art. Didn't like it at all on first sight, but it's growing on me. I can see a lot of people hating it, since it looks a lot like pop art (which I like, but I think it's popularly hated).

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Film isn't amazing, it's pretty good, not quite on a level with Tinker Tailor but the design for the steelbook is really excellent. Bit of a quandry

It is great to see something fresh given the Steelbook treatment but I am not too sure about the artwork. It seems quite similar to some of the artwork from a couple of Plain Archive's previous releases (The Master and Zero Dark Thirty). I hope Plain Archive continue to try new things as they have done so well up to now rather than settling into a routine of releasing the same kind of thing again and again as some retailers seem to have.

Just watched it on Netflix... nothing special IMO, so this will be a pass for me unfortunately.

Reactions: Wreck
@djjez83 @Bluprint @Agent_DVD @dan8885 @sminister @fishvtec @

This looks mean, I totally dig the artwork.
I Wonder how many variants lol I tried watching this film on Netflix but didn't end up finishing it, think I'll have to give it another go when I this edition in hand.
image.jpeg

#SUPPORT PA
#PLAIN_Army
#SALUTE
#DOULBE SALUTE
#TRIPLE SALUTE
#NINJA_STRONG
#inJUNOweTRUST
#OneClickGang
#SteelFellas

A bit off-topic but seriously though the only next BIG thing from PA is OldBoy and I've been waiting patiently for the release announcement, I know they are working hard on it but I just can't wait for the beauty shots and that sweet boxset!!!