A Question to my fellow Collectors....

Nov 11, 2016
New Jersey
.... I have a problem and I wonder if anyone else who collects has any suggestions or are suffering from the same problem.

I have all these HUGE sets, and I keep ALL the original packaging, what do you all do with your packaging? I am completely out of room for it all and just have no idea what to do with the rest of it. Let me know guys.

.... I have a problem and I wonder if anyone else who collects has any suggestions or are suffering from the same problem.

I have all these HUGE sets, and I keep ALL the original packaging, what do you all do with your packaging? I am completely out of room for it all and just have no idea what to do with the rest of it. Let me know guys.
I used to have this same problem. I kept everything. Until the day came when I couldnt. I just bit the bullet and threw away the majority of the packaging and boxes. As much as I hated doing it, I had no choice. I dont have enough storage space to keep it all. A lot of people keep items in the packaging on their shelves, or they might store it in an attic or basement, if theyre lucky enough to have the space. Sometimes you just cant keep everything.

Yeah I hate the way they look on display in packages though. Maybe i will have to put a platform down in my attic and start storing there. They are worth SO much more if you have the original packaging, I just can't bring myself to letting any of them go, even though I have NO intentions of ever selling any of them.

Reactions: elle82
Yeah I hate the way they look on display in packages though. Maybe i will have to put a platform down in my attic and start storing there. They are worth SO much more if you have the original packaging, I just can't bring myself to letting any of them go, even though I have NO intentions of ever selling any of them.
Yes keep them if u can. I was sorry when i got rid of mine. I'll never sell any so im not too concerned about keeping packaging.

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
@GI_SnakeEyes I keep all my original packaging. I just break them down to make more space and set them aside if I want to display my sets.

IMG_2441.JPG

@GI_SnakeEyes I keep all my original packaging. I just break them down to make more space and set them aside if I want to display my sets.

View attachment 286132

Same as @PunkNinja in case if the box is like a package that is just to wrap your good. Like terminator heads or walking dead editions

In case of such box-set like in the spoiler: X-Men, Silent Hill or Heathers i keep everything in them as they hold everything together. (If you click on the pick you will see edition)

Same as @PunkNinja in case if the box is like a package that is just to wrap your good. Like terminator heads or walking dead editions

In case of such box-set like in the spoiler: X-Men, Silent Hill or Heathers i keep everything in them as they hold everything together. (If you click on the pick you will see edition)

Good idea. I have a couple i do this with too like the jurassic park set with the t rex statue. plus the box from that set looks like a crate so it works well keeping the set inside it.

Yeah I do that with some sets like the Hellboy golden army, or Evil Dead set, but more of my sets are just over sized would take too much shelve room. Was thinking of breaking down the boxes like @PunkNinja, but how about all the padding that's inside them, you just throw all that's in there away?

Ohh and thanks i completely forgot i wanted both the Heather and Silent hill 2 more on my list, lol

Reactions: elle82
If I had something huge like maybe the Matrix ship, i'd definitely sell it, thats just taking up too much space.

:)

BTW I keep my boxes in the hall closet. There is the front entrance closet I can steal room from if there are overflow.

If I had something huge like maybe the Matrix ship, i'd definitely sell it, thats just taking up too much space.

:)

BTW I keep my boxes in the hall closet. There is the front entrance closet I can steal room from if there are overflow.
Nooo u could never sell that matrix set. No way. Lol

I Never buy anything that has OTT Packaging. Steelbooks are my limit and even then I've very selective. Yes I buy the odd arrow package as they are well done but as a rule I avoid them to save space. So while I purchased The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, I didn't buy Phantasm set as that steel ball was just OTT...... All down to saving space.......

Reactions: Timanator
Well I had this problem too very recently (last week :-D).

I had a "free" room almost completely packed (80%) with all my empty box-sets and some other emtpy carboard boxes.

Since I don't have room for my Steelbooks anymore I thought If I have this room emtpy I can put 3 billy shelves here and use this for my steels.

Here's a pic of the carboard boxes:

ZZrVHA.jpg

GAzZvp.jpg

81SArw.jpg

d0nwEM.jpg

and here of the emtpy room: I had some carpet left and so it looks nicer.

Yu5Bdv.jpg

6RdeY2.jpg

So I throw away a bunch of carboard boxes away that I thought aren't very special or if I ever sell them I wouldn't get much with or without the original box anyway.

The Head Editions where the biggest and I think I only kept the Alien carboardbox to store inside other box-sets^^ and the Head Edition will be
the last thing I would ever sell so I through them away because they just take too much space.

Next week when I have the two other billy shelves I might have to throw away some more away but I don't regret it.

If you don't have the intention to sell why keep them and without them I have more room for new stuff :)
I mean of course if you sell them you will get more money with original box set just for the save shipping etc.. but I think it was the right decision.
But I thought about this a long time so I get it if you want to keep them. I mean I would advise to keep them if you have the free storage but now it feels really good that I can finally use this dead space again.

How it looks now :)

P1oIzS.jpg

BytYnX.jpg

HXkf8e.jpg

Well I had this problem too very recently (last week :-D).

I had a "free" room almost completely packed (80%) with all my empty box-sets and some other emtpy carboard boxes.

Since I don't have room for my Steelbooks anymore I thought If I have this room emtpy I can put 3 billy shelves here and use this for my steels.

Here's a pic of the carboard boxes:

ZZrVHA.jpg

GAzZvp.jpg

81SArw.jpg

d0nwEM.jpg

and here of the emtpy room: I had some carpet left and so it looks nicer.

Yu5Bdv.jpg

6RdeY2.jpg

So I throw away a bunch of carboard boxes away that I thought aren't very special or if I ever sell them I wouldn't get much with or without the original box anyway.

The Head Editions where the biggest and I think I only kept the Alien carboardbox to store inside other box-sets^^ and the Head Edition will be
the last thing I would ever sell so I through them away because they just take too much space.

Next week when I have the two other billy shelves I might have to throw away some more away but I don't regret it.

If you don't have the intention to sell why keep them and without them I have more room for new stuff :)
I mean of course if you sell them you will get more money with original box set just for the save shipping etc.. but I think it was the right decision.
But I thought about this a long time so I get it if you want to keep them. I mean I would advise to keep them if you have the free storage but now it feels really good that I can finally use this dead space again.

How it looks now :)

P1oIzS.jpg

BytYnX.jpg

HXkf8e.jpg
I agree. Ive never got an intentions of selling any of my stuff which is why i threw my boxes away. Also the fact that i had zero storage space for them. But yeah definitely keep them if u can.