Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: A Wrinkle in Time

Genre: Adventure, Family, Fantasy

Director: Ava DuVernay

Cast: Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Storm Reid, Zach Galifianakis, Chris Pine, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Michael Peña, Levi Miller, Deric McCabe, André Holland, Rowan Blanchard, Will McCormack, Bellamy Young, Daniel MacPherson

Release: 2017-03-08

Plot: After the disappearance of her scientist father, three peculiar beings send Meg, her brother, and her friend to space in order to find him.

Chris pine looks great in this but not sure about the rest

Chris pine looks great in this but not sure about the rest

Yeah, This doesn't look that great to me either... pretty bad actually.
The troubling thing is Disney right now is busy making Live Action versions of their old animated films. Then they will sometimes take a risk with "Non-Proven Properties" like this.

So far, it hasn't worked out for them. Films like Tomorrowland, John Carter, The Lone Ranger, etc. All have been box office duds.
If this trend continues (and it looks like it will with this) they will stop taking risks.
Lets be honest, Its their own fault. These risk films haven't been that great of movies either which is why people are not showing up.

I really want to see more Tron (The sequel to Legacy got canceled because of this, and now maybe rebooted?)
and my DREAM project I want them to do is a live action Gargoyles movie. It would be so awesome. But I'm feeling like it will never happen.

I really hope this film isn't the nail in the coffin for stuff like this.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
THIS IS INSANE !!!! Been waiting for new Material from Sade knowing something should be coming up in the next couple of years,
but Oh Boy is this such a Lovely Velvelty Unexpected Treat. This song is Pure Bliss !

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8232242/sade-a-wrinkle-in-time-flower-of-the-universe

When Ava DuVernay approached Sade to create an original song for A Wrinkle In Time, she got the shock of her life. Sade said “yes.”
That song, “Flower of the Universe”, is now in full bloom. DuVernay shared the new track at midnight
“A late-night treat for all you Flowers of the Universe.
My thanks to No I.D. And thank you to Sade. You are a Queen and a Visionary and we love you,” the director tweeted.

"Flower of the Universe," Sade’s first new music since 2011, is out now and can be streamed.

I think this is going to be a box office bomb esp with what it cost to make. time will tell.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database