Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: June 6, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $28.79
Note: Listing only says "Collector's Case" at this time

Screenshot 2017-03-22 06.17.23.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like the same style case they had for Spaceballs. As cool as this is, the embossing would scratch up whatever it's next to, or get squished.

@Wreck, what kind of case is this?
It's a viva metalpak or ironpack, similar to the Disney ones that were released from Best Buy years ago.

Yeah, it looks like an updated VMB.

I think you're right. I wrote that I think it's a metalpak, but I was wrong. The spine of a metalpak is a simple hinge, making it hard to put the title on the spine. This looks like a Viva Metal Box.

I'm always wary of metal boxes with extensive embossing (a la Godzilla), as I have a feeling that if pressed tightly against another steelbook on my shelf, the embossing will eventually dent the steelbook it's pressing against. That might just be my paranoia though.

I wonder who it's from . Can't be from VMB because they are not in business anymore plus Scanavo/Steelbook would probably try to sue them again.
It does look like an updated version of VMB (without the plastic on the spine) and Funimation lists it as "steel case". Who knows? May be its from Scanavo too...

Anyway, this thing looks awesome! :thumbs:

I wonder who it's from . Can't be from VMB because they are not in business anymore plus Scanavo/Steelbook would probably try to sue them again.
It does look like an updated version of VMB (without the plastic on the spine) and Funimation lists it as "steel case". Who knows? May be its from Scanavo too...

Anyway, this thing looks awesome! :thumbs:

Actually, Viva Magnetics is still in business, their products are a lot more far reaching than G&M, they just aren't supposed to sell the metal box case in the USA anymore.

If you want to read more about the patent infringement from G&M, here's a link
http://www.scribd.com/doc/85682389/Glud-Marstrand-A-S-v-Viva-Magnetics-Ltd-Hong-Kong-et-al

@Wreck

• Helpful Post
Reactions: AlienKing
Actually, Viva Magnetics is still in business, their products are a lot more far reaching than G&M, they just aren't supposed to sell the metal box case in the USA anymore.

If you want to read more about the patent infringement from G&M, here's a link
http://www.scribd.com/doc/85682389/Glud-Marstrand-A-S-v-Viva-Magnetics-Ltd-Hong-Kong-et-al

@Wreck
Thanks. So G&M owns Scanavo? Or how does that work?

And i just checked and Viva has 2 plants in Toronto. Haha. Funny thing is, I had always wondered where those weird looking Bluray plastic cases came from; i assumed there were Amaray (Scanavo); i never bothered to check. But now it seems, it's actually from Viva! :wow:

bluray_pic1.jpg

Last edited: