Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: June 6, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $28.79
Note: Listing only says "Collector's Case" at this time

Screenshot 2017-03-22 06.17.23.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's the same as the bare metal U.K. steelbook it's a worthy addition to any collection and certainly different-looking to the region 1 DVD steelbook.

For similarities/differences between the 2011 U.K. release and the U.S. 25th Anniversary Edition / this steelbook release http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=15365

2011 U.K. steelbook / 2001 2-disc Special Edition R 1 DVD / Tyler Stout "Akira" artwork:-
II
V
Akirafront.jpg
1h9f1v.jpg

$_58.JPG
$_58.JPG

$_58.JPG

2yp0zmx.jpg
xd7bj4.jpg

Last edited:
you hate anime, so you havent seen some of the best movies of all time

I missed the UK steelbook, but have the German one and I'll buy this one I guess. great movie!

I like smooth animation, anime is kind of jerky and the voiceovers kill me. I watched spirited away and was glad when the little girl was finally gone

Just picked this up from Best Buy....not a Steelbook...spine looks like an ironpak. The embossing is just crazy! Like the Godzilla futurepak embossing. Great art...3 Discs with a booklet...just outstanding!
Any pics?

Looks amazing! That embossing! Wow!!
But yeah. Not a steelbook. Looks great tho!

What would we classify this as?

That looks like the same style case they had for Spaceballs. As cool as this is, the embossing would scratch up whatever it's next to, or get squished.

@Wreck, what kind of case is this?

Looks like a metalpak

Edit: I'm wrong. It's a Viva Metal Box (or most similar to). I think I had a brain fart as that spine is definitely not a metalpak.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: kaw
Damn, got the UK steel and *just* picked up the new collectors edition with pet slip but I might have to get this as well...damn.

91xTQF2xLWL._SX522_.jpg