Alice Through the Looking Glass (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Nova Choice #14) [Korea]

Hooltra

The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: March 10, 2017
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip - Lenticular Slip (Pre-order February 17, at 10 PM - Korea time)
Price: $49.00 (Full slip - Lenticular slip) - $98.00 (One click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv
Note: Total print run 1000 copies - Full slip 200 copies - Lenticular slip 200 copies - One Click 300 copies. Includes a 36 page booklet (English, Korean) + 5x character cards + 3x postcards
Order Gift: Pet Slip & Lenticular Magnet Spine Cover

IMG_1102.JPG IMG_1103.JPG IMG_1104.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
If the last 3 releases haven't sold out, this definitely wont. Really surprised they're still going ahead with this release. Would've been much smarter to prioritise Dr. Strange

The movie still made $300 million worldwide. Yes, Dr. Strange will easily sell better, but it's not like Nova's only going to release 1 title every few months. They're going to have multiple releases and at least this title is a Disney one (usually helps sell better). Heck, even Civil War is still available from Nova. So quality and success of a movie still don't always matter in what sells out. And it doesn't mean Nova didn't make money off it either.

• Thanks
Reactions: JCC
The movie still made $300 million worldwide. Yes, Dr. Strange will easily sell better, but it's not like Nova's only going to release 1 title every few months. They're going to have multiple releases and at least this title is a Disney one (usually helps sell better). Heck, even Civil War is still available from Nova. So quality and success of a movie still don't always matter in what sells out. And it doesn't mean Nova didn't make money off it either.
also helps that no other retailer has yet to do an exclusive on this yet..

• Thanks
Reactions: JCC and Jericho
I'm torn. I have no desire to watch this movie but I haven't skipped a NovaMedia release yet. It might come down to the quality of the slip.

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
Yeah the movie doesn't interest me at all but Nova are quality. Some of the artwork for this film is lovely too. I might be tempted if the lenticular artwork is top class:thumbs:

My thoughts exactly. I enjoy the fantastical artwork for the film and even if it's not the best film, if Nova pulls through like they usually do I could be tempted. Someone mentioned this already but there aren't any premium releases for this film yet (and I don't count Zavvi). The artwork is awesome enough that it deserves the premium treatment. There's a lot of potential here.

[Notice] NOVA CHOICE #14 <Alice Through the Looking Glass> Pre-order.

Dear international customers
Today we are very happy to announce pre-order details for NOVA CHOICE #14 <Alice Through the Looking Glass>.

1) Pre-order date/time: 17th Feb, 2017. 10 PM (Korea Time, UTC+9)
2) Release date/time: 10th Mar, 2017
3) Price & Print run (Total print run = 1K)
- Full slip : 500 copies, numbered : $49.00
- Lenticular slip : 500 copies, numbered : $49.00
- One click package : 300 copies, $98.00 (As same numbered Full slip + Lenticular slip)
- Order Limit : One Click X 1
- Order Gift : Pet Slip & Lenticular Magnet Spine Cover
4) Package details
- 2D+3D (2disc)
- 36 pages booklet (English, Korean)
- 5x character card
- 3x post card

Thank you.
NOVAMEDIA

IMG_1102.JPG
IMG_1103.JPG
IMG_1104.JPG

IMG_1105.JPG

Definitely going to pick that lenti up, that was the placeholder art Zavvi used and I thought it would make a lovely steelbook but it will make an even better lenti especially from Nova...

Reactions: Flloydo
Definitely going to pick that lenti up, that was the placeholder art Zavvi used and I thought it would make a lovely steelbook but it will make an even better lenti especially from Nova...

Same, I prefered that as the steel art. Should look great as a lenti

Possibly going to stick an order in. Not sure yet. Might wait a month

• Thanks
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
$60 for a titleless WWA Steelbook containing a so-so film is insane. At today's PayPal exchange rate this works out to nearly £50 whilst the UK release was on offer for £12.50 which is 1/4th of what Nova are asking.
Agree. And as long as people pay it, they won't see a problem with it.

What chance have we got when people who didnt even like the film are contemplating buying it just for the slip alone!!

• Thanks
$60 for a titleless WWA Steelbook containing a so-so film is insane. At today's PayPal exchange rate this works out to nearly £50 whilst the UK release was on offer for £12.50 which is 1/4th of what Nova are asking.

Just because another retailer is now offering this steelbook at a sale price dosnt mean nova media paid that price for them. Zavvi normally buys enough steels to sell that once say half are sold they broke even and anything over half is pure profit. This steel from zavvi when it first came out was close to 30 bucks so 20 bucks more isn't that bad for a full slip pet slip magnetic spine and the other goodies.

Agree. And as long as people pay it, they won't see a problem with it.

What chance have we got when people who didnt even like the film are contemplating buying it just for the slip alone!!

The U.K./ zavvi serioulsy need to start including these PET with titleless spines. It's going to cost so much more than i want to spend on this film

• Thanks
I really like the fullslip on this one. Have not seen the movie so i will have to check it soon and decide if i will get it or not. Too bad its not WEA.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
Same, I prefered that as the steel art. Should look great as a lenti

Possibly going to stick an order in. Not sure yet. Might wait a month
I actually pre ordered the Zavvi steel thinking the placeholder was the art and didn't visit that thread again, so when it dropped on the mat I was gutted, my fault, should have known better. So I've already been stung once for the WWA steelbook, the lenti for this will be 10/10 though, but I agree with both @lgans316 and @BluSteel2012 the prices for these for us right now are terrible, so I might try the ebay route for a lenti..

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
To me the lenti artwork is too cluttered. I much prefer the clean art used on the steelbook. This'll be a pass for me. Lenticular spine looks cool though :whistle:

Also the total print run is 500 each. Not 500 + 300 from the one clicks if anybody was confused

- Full slip : 200 copies, numbered : $49.00
- Lenticular slip : 200 copies, numbered : $49.00
- One click package : 300 copies, $98.00

Reactions: Actarus