Alice Through the Looking Glass (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Nova Choice #14) [Korea]

Hooltra

The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: March 10, 2017
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip - Lenticular Slip (Pre-order February 17, at 10 PM - Korea time)
Price: $49.00 (Full slip - Lenticular slip) - $98.00 (One click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv
Note: Total print run 1000 copies - Full slip 200 copies - Lenticular slip 200 copies - One Click 300 copies. Includes a 36 page booklet (English, Korean) + 5x character cards + 3x postcards
Order Gift: Pet Slip & Lenticular Magnet Spine Cover

IMG_1102.JPG IMG_1103.JPG IMG_1104.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
$60 for a titleless WWA Steelbook containing a so-so film is insane. At today's PayPal exchange rate this works out to nearly £50 whilst the UK release was on offer for £12.50 which is 1/4th of what Nova are asking.

While I get your point, it is easy to forget that the Asian market is different from the UK market. Pricing on most new releases is on par with similar ones from the past. I do not expect to pay the same as I did in my home country when buying from elsewhere. The market forces that affect pricing in one place don't necessarily affect it elsewhere.
The regular release was already $40+. Nova should charge a fair value for their exclusive. I have no problem with the price all considered.

In for the lenti

While I get your point, it is easy to forget that the Asian market is different from the UK market. Pricing on most new releases is on par with similar ones from the past. I do not expect to pay the same as I did in my home country when buying from elsewhere. The market forces that affect pricing in one place don't necessarily affect it elsewhere.
The regular release was already $40+. Nova should charge a fair value for their exclusive. I have no problem with the price all considered.

In for the lenti

Sitting cosy in the state of Pennsylvania, most of the items priced in USD should look fair value :LOL: but not to us poor folks in the UK / Europe. :(

I think the fullslip looks awesome! Imagine the possibilities (RE: finishing touches) with that! :hungry: Lenti looks great also with potential for incredible depth as per Nova's usual standards. Still, not sure I'm gona order though... :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Moving forward for new release, Nova, please use more interesting colours on your Lenticular O-ring spins. I love the white from Winter Soldier but many of the most recent affairs have been very dark. That turquoise used on the PET / Lenticular spine would've looked great on a shelf

slips looks great. steelbook is weak. truly a shame that the studios in charge are COMPLETELY DEAF to the requests and wants of the steelbook collecting community.

i know there are few people that like this style (cough**** @Actarus *** cough :p) but I think a voting poll would prove, rather overwhelmingly, that WEA designs with the title and meaningful, character inclusive artwork is what we want.

I think the fullslip looks awesome! Imagine the possibilities (RE: finishing touches) with that! :hungry: Lenti looks great also with potential for incredible depth as per Nova's usual standards. Still, not sure I'm gona order though... :LOL:

I must say I do like the look of that full slip art. The back (and I may be wrong) looks like a artistic painted image, a bit like what the book looks like but I'm a sucker for lentis and add nova in front of that and you have a banger.

I agree with others about pricing and especially against the £ which is just horendous at the moment but I do want to get this to compete the Disney collection and the WWA titleless spine isn't good enough for me. I need that PET or magnetic spine to put on the steel.
I could try my luck after release to see if anyone is selling the PET on eBay but I do actually like the lenti package even if the film isn't great.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
slips looks great. steelbook is weak. truly a shame that the studios in charge are COMPLETELY DEAF to the requests and wants of the steelbook collecting community.

i know there are few people that like this style (cough**** @Actarus *** cough :p) but I think a voting poll would prove, rather overwhelmingly, that WEA designs with the title and meaningful, character inclusive artwork is what we want.

It's a shame because from the pics the steel is more dissapointing compared to the mock up. The colour has been taken out the steel and it has a metalic look in places which I hate

I really like the art used on the steel and not sure why they saturated it so much.

People vote with their money when a release comes...much better voting power than a poll ;)

Also this is a New Disney Release, Nova are very limited with what they can do at this point in time.

Sitting cosy in the state of Pennsylvania, most of the items priced in USD should look fair value :LOL: but not to us poor folks in the UK / Europe. :(

All I was saying is that nothing has changed in terms of pricing for a long time. It is still expensive collecting Asian editions. Off course the currency fluctuation has a lot to do with your situation. I understand that since Brexit, both the pound and the Euro have lost some value. What one considers fair value is opinionated. My point was that the norms of the Asian market / pricing have not changed. I am still paying the $60 I paid 5 yrs ago today. On the reverse, 5 yrs ago I was paying quite a hefty price for the weak dollar then. Items from the EU were much more expensive. Expensive is expensive no matter what currency you are using.

Besides I wasn't aware I was sitting cozy. Sure don't feel like it :LOL:

You need to remember guys that distribution rights in Asia cost way more than what they do in North America/Europe, that's what majorly affects the selling price of any given release.

So true. Comparing different regions with different dynamics is not an apples to apples comparison.

• Thanks
Reactions: IRON MAN
Really informative thread, I learned some stuff about distribution rights today.

As far as the release goes, I feel they've done all they can to make up for the titleless steelbook. The PET slip looks nice and it's so cool of them to include the lenticular spine magnets. I can't decide which design I like better (full slip vs lenticular slip) but I do know that I'm in!

I've never owned a Nova release before and their lenticulars are legendary so I'll probably be going for that one. So excited!