Alien 1-6 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Ashish

Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Release date: September 18th, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £49.99
Notes: Standard size steelbook (not a Jumbo Steelbook)

alienzavvi1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also passing

I'll order the single steel for covenant tomorrow

Ridley has stated he intends to make 2 more Alien films after Covenant... so that begs the question who wants this useless steelbook?

Surely re-issueing Alien would be better? Especially after they re-issued Aliens last year!

• Thanks
Reactions: ethnosax
Really don't need to buy these movies again, already have the existing Anthology boxset (yeah it's only the 4 movies) and steelbooks for the first two movies, no interest in collecting the rest on steelbook. Also no interest in buying the rest of the movies until their all out and if I like them.

Could be that the uk get 2 WEA versions of covenant with zavvi and with Hmv because zavvi mention 2 alien exclusives tomorrow which I imagine to be this and covenant steel. (Although it could always be just this and exclusive toy for example)
Or it's WWA and for all retailers including Amazon but zavvi and Hmv are making a thing out of it

Find out tomorrow

Ridley has stated he intends to make 2 more Alien films after Covenant... so that begs the question who wants this useless steelbook?

Surely re-issueing Alien would be better? Especially after they re-issued Aliens last year!

I think there always will be customers with franchise like this, wouldn´t be worried about sales :coffee:. But I agree that this release is totally useless, pass for me as well. I have the Egg edition plus some single steelbooks and would buy the others rather separately in premium editions then in boxset. This must happen some day!:cigar:

Interested in seeing the art, but as everyone already mentioned I'll probably pass too.

I also love my Alien Anthology box set and I hope some time in the future they make an Alien Prequel box set to complement it

• Thanks
Reactions: Ashish
It was Fox that put the kibosh on that idea, not Ridley Scott. It's dead. Let it go.

All I'm saying it was an astonishing bad idea for Fox to drop it and I do think it's not going to go away despite what Fox think........ The Fans have been crying out for the sequel they should have got since Alien 3 hit the screens....

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW
All I'm saying it was an astonishing bad idea for Fox to drop it and I do think it's not going to go away despite what Fox think........ The Fans have been crying out for the sequel they should have got since Alien 3 hit the screens....

I was very disappointed too. The fact that it was supposed to remove Alien 3 and Resurrection from the official Alien canon was also a bonus ;)

It does seem fairly pointless.

I'm assuming it's Prometheus, Alien Covenant, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection? If so, then why bother as there's already another couple of prequels planned? I suppose you could remove Prometheus and Covenant and put AvP 1 & 2 in their place as long as the contents aren't printed anywhere on the steelbook.

I already have the individual releases for the original Alien franchise as well as Prometheus (no interest in the AvP movies) and they'll do me. I do like the temporary artwork though.

Zavvi will announce this steelbook at 11pm tonight

HMV have exclusive for the Alien Covenant Steelbook

I like the Artwork on this if it stays the same but look forward to seeing final artwork whenever it's shown

This will sell well and was expected to get a release anyway with the new film Alien Covenant launch in the cinemas
Alien franchise products will always sell

Be interesting to see what the other zavvi exclusive Alien Covenant product release is beside the 1-6 steelbook

• Thanks
Reactions: Jedi clare
Pointless release. The Covenant is getting poor reviews. Happy with the Amaray box I got for under 10.
Maybe there's hope for Aliens 2 yet... They might rethink if this film is getting poor reviews. Going to see it myself on Saturday.