Alien 1-6 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Ashish

Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Release date: September 18th, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £49.99
Notes: Standard size steelbook (not a Jumbo Steelbook)

alienzavvi1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Acceptable artwork for a slipboxed anthology set . . . in the same style as previous . . . but not really steelbook front cover material (imo)
35173_large.jpg
13623_large.jpg

11468479-1694484862414582.jpg
=

Grey back / poster with this artwork (?) could still give this steelbook the kiss of life so keeping my order until confirmed one way or the other:-

Anyone wanting to check out the unofficial and unauthorised Italian sequel to ALIEN could hardly do worse than pick up this from 88 Films (one of their numbered spine "Italian Collection").
Couple of trivia titbits:-
1) 20th Century Fox wanted to sue Ciro Ippolito, writer / director, $10,000,000 for using ALIEN(1979) in the title. However, a British lawsuit pointed out that there was a novel from the 1930s called "Alien", so Ippolito won the case.
2) Although it was marketed as a sequel to ALIEN (1979), it's more of an in-name-only sequel with almost no connection to Ridley Scott's science-fiction classic.
ALIEN 2: ON EARTH (1980)
151488_large.jpg

Fox animated versions of the Mondo posters = quite cool:-
II
V
MikeSaputo_Alien_Boxset_480.gif
MartinAnsin_Alien_Boxset_480.gif
KenTaylor_Alien_Boxset1.gif
RandyOrtiz_Alien_Boxset_480_CLIPCHAMP_360p.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
oh no, don't like the (final?) white artwork,
:vomit:
also we allready have similiar one here in germany for a Alien 1-4 slipcase version (MediaMarkt)
Alien-Anthology-1-4-Innopack-%28Media-Markt-Exklusiv%29-%5BBlu-ray%5D

for me I can say I liked the first shown artwork with the heads collection and I pre-ordered it at Zavvi,
YES I did
allthough I also think it much to expensive.
But if the new one is the final artwork I will cancel it for sure.
money saved ..fine
so lets hope for cool steelbook art for COVENANT single release.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
I was planning to wait for a price drop but panic ordered due to the low stock warning text, probably end up cancelling if this is the final design, original image wasn't great but this is just plain lazy. Only really interested for Prometheus and Covenant as I already have the egg statue anthology for the first 4 films

I am sure this will drop in price so everyone let's not pounce on this so fast! If we all hold our guns then we can all get it cheaper.

Boy, are you ever wrong lol. Completely sold out at 70£ !!!! I'd feel bad that I missed this one, but the cover art is garbage. People should not be complaining about the stacked disc either. It better matches all your other steels in your collection, and don't stick out like a sore thumb (jumbo steels). Not to mention that 6 discs gives the steel a heavy premium feel, sort of like a cheap plastic toy, compared to a diecast toy.

This will come back. Most people like max 3 movies out of this set. The problem is fans of the original 2 want to keep on buying new special edition's. I still have the alien quad steelbook from play.com. I don't want to buy this set unless it gets a proper price reduction. As I only like the first 2 Alien movies and not hearing positive thinks about Covenant. Yes I know it is sold out. But this is Zavvi styLe. Making people panic to buy. It will come back. Especially with the new artwork.

Boy, are you ever wrong lol. Completely sold out at 70£ !!!! I'd feel bad that I missed this one, but the cover art is garbage. People should not be complaining about the stacked disc either. It better matches all your other steels in your collection, and don't stick out like a sore thumb (jumbo steels). Not to mention that 6 discs gives the steel a heavy premium feel, sort of like a cheap plastic toy, compared to a diecast toy.

You mean £50?

like the artwork but hate those 6 titles, why don't just use "anthology"?
. . . because they've already used that title on at least 3 previous editions including the four film steelbook released June 2012 . . . and they're surely not going to entitle it ALIEN HEXALOGY or THE ALIEN SEXTET (lol)

Also, with all the information on the front now leaving room for the magnificently grotesque artwork of the Imax poster design on the back (?) with its Biblical inspired apocalyptic imagery . . . perfect for display on one of those acrylic steelbook stands :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: goufcustom