Alien 1-6 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Ashish

Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Release date: September 18th, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £49.99
Notes: Standard size steelbook (not a Jumbo Steelbook)

alienzavvi1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in stock cos everyone cancelled the white with all the print on the front (lol)

50 quid (or less if there's a code knocking around) doesn't seem OTT for this especially in the blue 'n' silver design.

Steelbook version of the Alien 6 Film Collection, which features a Prometheus blue coloring and will be available internationally.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/05/...ook-and-six-film-collection-exclusive-reveals

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc
It was always going to be this Artwork it had to be removed because Fox did not want it shown originally

Surely some of you did not expect the white artwork with titles of the films that replaced this on Zavvi website was the artwork that would be used:rofl:

I hope this is a gloss finish
Fox steelbooks can be hit or miss with the finish some can be very good gloss finish quality or poor matte or very good matte finish

Fox sound even more like stubborn children for taking the art down for a few days because it wasn't time yet lol

Especially when everyone's already seen it

while the old egg and facehugger art is classic, its been done before.

i like the art, its just different. makes it look new and fresh.

Reactions: digitalbabe
Just imagining you'd been stuck in the Twilight Zone ^ or on a deserted island for the past twenty years and you'd come back to find that Blu-rays had been invented and that you could buy all six ALIEN films including the very latest in High Definition for less than 50 quid . . .

Could be other examples of 6 movie Blu-rays in one regular sized case but I can't think of any atm . . . and the only other film collection of six films in steelbook that I can recall is the STAR WARS six Blu-ray collection split across two steels.

The most Blu-ray f I l m discs I can recall in a regular sized case is the "Back to the Future" trilogy collection with four discs and "The Godfather Trilogy" also with four discs

Admittedly more than twice the price of the ALIEN 4 FILM ANTHOLOGY steelbook this new steelbook will be more than twice as nice and along with the upcoming COVENANT will be one of only two decent (imo) "Alien" steelbooks released to date in the U.K.
41250_large.jpg
179447_large.jpg

For those preferring the same artwork on a green background there's the Amaray 1 - 6 film boxset (GBP 38.99 Zavvi, GBP 44.99 Amazon),:-
II
V

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc
Artwork makes a lot more sense now that the French box set (not steels) has been revealed using the full version of it...
Still not great but much better suited to this landscape style which means you don't have to live with lots of detail being cropped out :pain:
71dEzCf0V8L._SL1000_.jpg

I think the Doctor Who series 9 steelbook is 6 discs.
Yes, thank you, but I was only referring to Films in these regular sized U.K. steelbook cases.
Yes, it's true that TV Series' and Documentaries such as PLANET EARTH do stack 5 and up to 6 discs on the two spindles.

Last edited:
Yes, thank you, but I was only referring to Films in these regular sized steelbook cases.
Yes, it's true that TV Series' and Documentaries such as PLANET EARTH do stack 5 and up to 6 discs on the two spindles.
Iron Man Trilogy 4k steelbook from Germany has 6 discs