Fox Direct - £17.99

The Alien serie:
Alien || Aliens || Alien 3 || Alien Resurrection

alien3-2.jpg

alien3-1.jpg

alien3-3.jpg

alien3-4.jpg

Actual pics-thanks ricster!

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

Fsw4pkx.jpg

6krJYj9.jpg

hZ3SHSi.jpg

DaejLq1.jpg

UHJvO5e.jpg

47OCqaQ.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

jQuDOq8.jpg

ZelRHU9.jpg

j06Lk8T.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

u4HRyyX.jpg

iTupT8T.jpg

Arcxy2w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked this up for something like £5 with a code a while back. One of the few steelbooks I've never opened, as I don't really want to watch the film again but at the price I took 3 and 4 to complete the 'set'.

Finally decided to bite on this yesterday for $11.00 & some change from Zavvi to complete the trilogy. I just see that the price is back up to $24.13 today :LOL: F-ing crazy Zavvi and their up & down prices.

It's just absurd how the prices change. For example zavvi doubled the price for 22 Jump Street steelbook in few days and now it's more than 40$, honestly WTF?

Hey Buddy! :thumbs:

Yup, Zavvi and their mysterious ways. :hilarious:

I know that Alien 3 was not what the first 2 were like, but over time I have grown to accept it. Still, strange how they ended up with this after they had completely different ideas for this movie. The original concept would have been quite cool with Hicks returning.

Hi my friend. I think Alien 3 had Renny Harlin as director at one point and he wanted to something bigger with alien world and such. It was a troublesome project and never came out the way it was intended. Alien 3 definitely not as great as the first two, but I don't hate it. I have started to enjoy it much more nowadays compared to early 90's. It's still much better than Alien Resurrection or any AVP's IMO.

Finally decided to bite on this yesterday for $11.00 & some change from Zavvi to complete the trilogy. I just see that the price is back up to $24.13 today :LOL: F-ing crazy Zavvi and their up & down prices.

It's still $11.83 the one you saw above $20 is another listing of the same item. Alien Reserrection is also listed twice

Agree about Alien 3, watched it after I got the steelbook for the first time in years (the "director's cut") and was surprised at how different it was, and how much I enjoyed it. I think the dramas Fincher had during the shoot could be made into their own film. It still fits nicely into the cannon without changing the aliens into mixed martial artists (AvsP I'm looking at you) although the
death of newt
was an insanely stupid idea.

Reactions: Phantasmic
@C.C. 95 thanks bro - have bookmarked that for later.

Would love to see the same this for Resurrection - albeit in my head it's just a load of scriptwriters throwing their shoes at a keyboard.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I liked the closure to the story despite the fact that they decided to keep it going. I also liked the new look alien.

The story suffered, yes. So did the tension and creep factor. It felt old in a new shell. I personally did not like the score after we had the awe of Goldsmith & Horner.

I don't blame Fincher. I think he is a great director. I think they cannibalised him and he hated it so much that he disowned the movie.

However I accepted this as closure to the storyline. Resurrection had some elements that were good but I disliked the film. As for AVP? Well…these were done wrong. They should have looked into the graphic novels for better storylines.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Thanks for that link @C.C. 95. Here's another one for ya folks. The lost tale of the wooden planet, very interesting read.

@denizen, @Hamill82, @wyatt03, @George Pearce, @Driver

http://www.empireonline.com/features/alien-3-tale-of-the-wooden-planet/
Thanks! I was a BIG fan of Vincent Ward around that time- The Navigator was an amazing movie- and I really would have loved to have seen his vision of an Alien movie.
The Monastic qualities and the brotherhood among the inmates is unmistakably from his script....

Reactions: ihategiantspiders
If I had to sit down and totally piss of the fans of the first 2 films and make them walk away I couldn't have done a better job. It really is a contender for worst film ever made....... To this day I remember going to my local cinema to see it. By the time the first 20 minutes had ended, half the audience had walked out, I walked out not too long after. Years later I saw the rest of it on TV and thought, "Yep I made the right decision to walk out".. Everything you can do wrong in a film is there. It' no wonder the head of Fox wanted to stop the film being released. And why did it get released?. The bean counters said it had cost so much money they couldn't leave it on the shelf. Fincher deserves all the flack he got hurled at him but whomever thought it was a good idea to allow someone who had never made a film before to be let loose on a major film deserves the major blame... All said and done cinemas worst hour at every level. I hope the rumours I've been hearing are true........