Czech Republic
Alien Anthology (Blu-Ray Steelbook)

6BD ???

Release date : TBC
Price : TBC

http://bluedvd.pl/obcy-blu-ray-steelbook.html

Alien_PL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Karl, yes, many members feel that way. Sadly, that is not the way it works country to country. There are some exceptions of course where one retailer has exclusive art, but they don't happen very, very often, especially not with the big studios.

I wrote an email today to the store and distributor and asked if they are sure it will be definitely steelbook not a metalbox or ironpack (hope they know what is the difference between these packaging) Also asked to confirm how many discs will be in this release 6 or 4 and what can be a price (but in this case I expected it can be much larger than the UK release, because of the Polish subtitles). If they reply anything concrete I will let you know ;)

Cheers for emailing them! Cuts out all the speculation!
Doubt the polish one will be as good.. the terminator doesn't have any of the inside art HDN voted for. Can't see what will be missing from the polish version but i'll keep my fingers crossed!

FYI-we have been told that this is a Play UK Exclusive and other retailers showing this Steelbook on their site may have purchased a small qty for their own sale. At this time, the studio has no plans to release them outside of the UK. If this changes and we are given more info, or another release with different cover art is announced for Poland, we will open the thread back up. Please note, studios change their mind-often at the last minute-so this may again change. Thread locked for now.

Reactions: Jason Bourne
6 discs must come with the 2 special feature discs. Will defo be a jumbo Steelbook if it really will have 6 discs

A Polish release, using the Play images for the 4 disc version, for a 6 disc version? I'll file this one under 'believe it when I see it' for now.

A Polish release, using the Play images for the 4 disc version, for a 6 disc version? I'll file this one under 'believe it when I see it' for now.

+1 Might have the front/back but I've yet to see artwork on the inside of a jumbo. I thought all Jumbos had black plastic insides; would be good if they could use transparent plastic as per normal Steelbooks.

No doubt this will be released but it will have to be a jumbo. If they keep the artwork the same as my play version, then only the spine will be slightly different I guess..

So, I wrote to bluedvd a few weeks ago to inquire about this Alien Anthology and also Terminator steelbook which are announced on their website. I got response without any concrete information, they have not confirmed that this Anthology will include 6 discs or whether it will be a steelbook for sure. May at the present day they know something more, although I don't think because still we don't even have a concrete date of release.
Anyway, I already have play.com release and nothing more I need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.