Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #85) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: October 18, 2017
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4 - Edition 5
Price: 899 CZK (E1) - 999 CZK (E2) - 999 CZK (E3) - 4199 CZK (E4) - 599 CZK (E5)
Notes: WEA
Group buys: hosted by carllenc E1 - E2 - E3 - E4 - E5

IMG_7410.JPG IMG_7411.JPG IMG_7412.JPG IMG_7413.JPG
19553159_1817964428220103_1395909490_n.jpg

19554027_791685690992958_1053161356998452892_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you all are joking or just love FA a bit too much when you say that you like this steelbook and its obvious lack of originality more than manta's one :p:p

10910069-1391679925-955889.jpg

91LsOUIKTqL._SL1500_.jpg

In fact, I think that FA's output is generally some of the weakest in the business, and Manta's output is usually at the very top of the heap. But in this case, FA's steelbook at least features competent design. Doesn't matter how original something is if the overall design is sh!t.

In fact, I think that FA's output is generally some of the weakest in the business, and Manta's output is usually at the very top of the heap. But in this case, FA's steelbook at least features competent design. Doesn't matter how original something is if the overall design is sh!t.

I see your point, but for me, front artwork in Manta`s is far superior with more punch

Guess everyone has its own taste ! :thumbs:

I can see yours and @Noodles point 100% but I'm personally bored of the egg

I love the murial art on Manta and I really like that poster on the back. They both compliment each other IMO and work well, I don't think a steel has to have a wrap around art all the time although sometimes cool (like the 3 illustrated ghostbusters steels). Where the tone is quite dark on both I think they gel well. Like novas new guardians

I guess anyone who disagrees with you is a troll :rolleyes:.

Lol only noodles

Lol only noodles

:LOL:

I can see yours and @Noodles point 100% but I'm personally bored of the egg

I love the murial art on Manta and I really like that poster on the back. They both compliment each other IMO and work well, I don't think a steel has to have a wrap around art all the time although sometimes cool (like the 3 illustrated ghostbusters steels). Where the tone is quite dark on both I think they gel well. Like novas new guardians

Yeah, I totally get being tired of the egg, there's no denying it's been used dozens of times over the years. And I agree that the front cover of Manta's steel is excellent, I love that art--but I don't agree about the back complementing the front. It's not like it clashes horribly with it, it's just not quite right--the color doesn't really match, the composition and style of it don't really complement the front, and I frankly don't think it's an interesting image to begin with.

But the steel art was actually only half the reason I passed on Manta this time. I thought the decision to make the slip with one continuous image from front to back (lenti A, I think?) a single-sided lenti was a bonehead decision. It should either be a non-lenti full slip or a lenti all the way around. Since that was the only slip art I liked, I passed altogether due to that and the back of the steel.

Last edited:
:LOL:

Yeah, I totally get being tired of the egg, there's no denying it's been used dozens of times over the years. And I agree that the front cover of Manta's steel is excellent, I love that art--but I don't agree about the back complementing the front. It's not like it clashes horribly with it, it's just not quite right--the color doesn't really match, the composition and style of it don't really complement the front, and I frankly don't think it's an interesting image to begin with.

But the steel art was actually only half the reason I passed on Manta this time. I thought the decision to make the slip with one continuous image from front to back (lenti A, I think?) a single-sided lenti was a bonehead decision. It should either be a non-lenti full slip or a lenti all the way around. Since that was the only slip art I liked, I passed altogether due to that and the back of the steel.

THats fair enough

Yeah it's lenti slip A that does that. Again love that front image (for once an editon where all art used from steel to lenti is exactly what I wanted) and the lenti will hopefully be awesome but there's nothing on the back except a bit of xeno tail so that's kinda annoying and plain. Probably why they chose holofoil for the finish to make us all "shiney shiney pretty" and trick us into forgetting there's nothing there lol

THats fair enough

Yeah it's lenti slip A that does that. Again love that front image (for once an editon where all art used from steel to lenti is exactly what I wanted) and the lenti will hopefully be awesome but there's nothing on the back except a bit of xeno tail so that's kinda annoying and plain. Probably why they chose holofoil for the finish to make us all "shiney shiney pretty" and trick us into forgetting there's nothing there lol

Totally love Manta Slip A engaging front, but in fear of holofoil nightmare,,, looks cool as is

• Thanks
Reactions: Huguito and Flloydo