Horror-Theatrical Alien: Covenant - In theaters May 19, 2017

vläd

Premium Supporter
Mar 14, 2010
S.W. Desert USA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Alien: Covenant (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Ridley Scott[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Michael Fassbender[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Danny McBride[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billy Crudup[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Katherine Waterston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jussie Smollett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Demián Bichir[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carmen Ejogo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Amy Seimetz[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Callie Hernandez[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alexander England[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Benjamin Rigby[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Noomi Rapace[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-08-04[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS — and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
zecMELPbU5YMQpC81Z8ImaaXuf9.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]
As per IMDB:

Source:Bloody Disgusting
During a press panel for The Counselor, director Ridley Scott was asked about the current state of Prometheus 2 (Paradise), which has been in development hell since the departure of screenwriter Damon Lindelof.

Good news for fans of the quasi-Alien prequel (that’s me!), he confirms that the screenplay is still being written. Transcendence scribe Jack Paglen was hired back in June to figure out a way to continue the story of Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace) and the Engineers, which was left in a state of flux when the original one-shot was changed to make way for a trilogy.

Attachments

• prometheus.png
    prometheus.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 455
Last edited by a moderator:
Huge fan of the film!!! Especially the ending !
I saw this in 3d and thought it was gorgeous !!
It's about damn time the sequel happens! The first movie can't live by itself it need its sequel

Reactions: bloodsnake007
I loved the way Prometheus set out the background of Alien without it being obviously about the alien franchise.

Really interested about how it develops from the 1st ending.

Can't wait.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Prometheus 2 begins filming January 2016, via this post at Scified:

Finally! Some concrete news on Prometheus 2, the highly anticipated sequel to Ridley Scott's 2012 sci-fi thriller which set out to expand the Alien universe and explain mankind's beginnings has hit the web! Sott's latest sci-fi film, The Martian lands this November and after a month's rest, he will be right back to the director's chair in January to begin shooting Prometheus 2!

010.jpg

UPDATE: Ridley Scott has announced that the title forPrometheus 2 will beAlien: Paradise Lost. Besides sounding incredibly pretentious, this makes a lot of sense from Fox’s standpoint. It’ll be a easier to market the direct connection to the Alien franchise, and if Fox really plans to move forward with Neill Blumpkin’s Aliens: Part Deux, it helps it tie in with the eventual shared universe that every film studio is chasing these days. I’ll say this: If Satan actually shows up in Alien: Paradise Lost, I’ll give the title a pass.

Prometheus 2 is happening, we’ve all known that, but if Ridley Scott finds out how to transfer his consciousness into a robot body, he’s talking about making two more sequels to his totally-not-a-remake-of-Alien series. Over at German website Film Futter, Scott talked about the future of the franchise:

“The whole point of it is to explain the Alien franchise and to explain the how and why of the creation of the Alien itself. I always thought of the Alien as kind of a piece of bacterial warfare. I always thought that that original ship, which I call the Croissant, was a battleship, holding these biomechanoid creatures that were all about destruction. “

I just can’t view Prometheus as anything but a quasi-remake of Alien, so hearing that Scott is intent on connecting these films to his original 1979 masterpiece is somewhat befuddling to me. But, Scott seems pretty adamant about it, as he goes on to assure that Prometheus and its sequels will eventually tie in to the regular Alien series:

“Yes, but it won’t be in the next one. It will be in the one after this one or maybe even another one before we get back into the Alien franchise.”

Look, I hope that Ridley Scott has found the Holy Grail and has pocketed it away so that he can live forever and keep making movies, but I sincerely doubt that Mr. Scott is the world’s only Highlander. At 77 years old, if the series is going to continue, I have to believe that it will be passed on to another director much like what happened with the Blade Runner sequel. And considering the incredibly mixed reception that Prometheus received, how long will Fox be willing to shell out money for these movies? Time will tell, but let’s see if Scott manages to win the fan community over with Prometheus 2: Squidbaby On the Move first.

Meanwhile, Neill Blomkamp gestates quietly inside of the chest of 20th Century Fox…

http://www.chud.com/167613/ridley-scotts-ghost-wants-to-make-prometheus-3-4/

• Helpful Post
Reactions: lolwut and C.C. 95
UPDATE: Ridley Scott has announced that the title forPrometheus 2 will beAlien: Paradise Lost. Besides sounding incredibly pretentious, this makes a lot of sense from Fox’s standpoint. It’ll be a easier to market the direct connection to the Alien franchise, and if Fox really plans to move forward with Neill Blumpkin’s Aliens: Part Deux, it helps it tie in with the eventual shared universe that every film studio is chasing these days. I’ll say this: If Satan actually shows up in Alien: Paradise Lost, I’ll give the title a pass.

Prometheus 2 is happening, we’ve all known that, but if Ridley Scott finds out how to transfer his consciousness into a robot body, he’s talking about making two more sequels to his totally-not-a-remake-of-Alien series. Over at German website Film Futter, Scott talked about the future of the franchise:

“The whole point of it is to explain the Alien franchise and to explain the how and why of the creation of the Alien itself. I always thought of the Alien as kind of a piece of bacterial warfare. I always thought that that original ship, which I call the Croissant, was a battleship, holding these biomechanoid creatures that were all about destruction. “

I just can’t view Prometheus as anything but a quasi-remake of Alien, so hearing that Scott is intent on connecting these films to his original 1979 masterpiece is somewhat befuddling to me. But, Scott seems pretty adamant about it, as he goes on to assure that Prometheus and its sequels will eventually tie in to the regular Alien series:

“Yes, but it won’t be in the next one. It will be in the one after this one or maybe even another one before we get back into the Alien franchise.”

Look, I hope that Ridley Scott has found the Holy Grail and has pocketed it away so that he can live forever and keep making movies, but I sincerely doubt that Mr. Scott is the world’s only Highlander. At 77 years old, if the series is going to continue, I have to believe that it will be passed on to another director much like what happened with the Blade Runner sequel. And considering the incredibly mixed reception that Prometheus received, how long will Fox be willing to shell out money for these movies? Time will tell, but let’s see if Scott manages to win the fan community over with Prometheus 2: Squidbaby On the Move first.

Meanwhile, Neill Blomkamp gestates quietly inside of the chest of 20th Century Fox…

http://www.chud.com/167613/ridley-scotts-ghost-wants-to-make-prometheus-3-4/
Wow. That guy is a bad writer and pretty dense. If he thinks PROMETHEUS was a remake of ALIEN - he has no business writing about films.

well just see the story on hmv

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316204/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

release
may 2017 usa

Ridley Scott reveals new title for Prometheus sequel

Ridley Scott has revealed that the sequel to Prometheus is to be titled Alien: Paradise Lost.

Speaking to film blog HeyUGuys, Scott revealed that the sequel, which will be his next movie, has been given a brand new title.

He said of the title: "We're heading back to how and why the beast was invented. We'll go in through the back door of the very first Alien that I did 30 years ago."

Production on Alien: Paradise Lost is due to begin in February 2016 and will see stars Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace returning to reprise their roles.

Prometheus was released in 2012 and served as a origin story to Alien, it also starred Charlize Theron, Idris Elba and Guy Pearce.

A further sequel to Alien, this time directed by District 9's Neill Blomkamp, is currently in pre-production and is set to shoot in 2017.

--------------------------
one i will be looking forward too

basil :D

Reactions: PKAVFC and Hooch
Was not a fan of Prometheus but I'm excited for another Alien movie. Odd choice for a title. I hope Ridley Scott hasn't gone insane.

Personally I think Scott is a genius and often misunderstood. His films seem to make sense to the general populace several years after release.

Prometheus was a brilliant way to continue the franchise and in my opinion a breath of fresh air as opposed to the Alien foundation. Naturally Alien 3 & Resurrection tired the franchise and a new spark of life was needed.

Since Prometheus, we have now had the Colonial Marines storyline in the video game and Isolation. And of course now Blomkamp's apparent take coming up. He brought the franchise back to life.

I don't want to get into it too much, I wanted to like it, I love the franchise, love Ridley Scott, but Prometheus was so ridiculously bad. You have one guy who's terrified of what they can find and than decides to play with a water snake. And another guy who's the expert in charge of mapping the entire structure and he gets lost on his way out. Than it's got the abomination of Guy Pearce in horrible old man make-up. There's more but I'll just leave it at I'm excited for another Alien movie, even if it has a horrible title.

You didn't expect ALIEN: PARADISE LOST to revolve solely around Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender's head, did you?

The two survivors left from PROMETHEUS capped off the last film having launched into space, in the hopes of reaching the Engineers' home planet and getting some answers. But when Ridley Scott picks up their trip in the sequel, which he aims to start shooting in March, he plans on adding some new passengers to the journey.

It’s going to be it’s own separate thing because they are going to the planet of the Engineers and they are going to see what happened there. It was a disaster. And they will be in that alien craft that takes them there, but with a new group that’s incoming, a new group of travelers in the beginning of the first act.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/rid...group-of-travelers-to-alien-paradise-lost-906