Alien DVD Steelbooks

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi All-so I am a huge Alien fan. Someone told me there were DVD Steelbooks released. Were they in the UK, or some other area? I've not really investigated this thoroughly, but I thought I'd post here, in case anyone has them? Were all movies released?

Thx!

Hi Justin! Thanks for your post! I am not sure if I will get these yet (I am just itching for Alien Steelbooks, LOL), but I want to be sure I am understanding correctly. These "Definitive" Edition, without the word "Steelbook" in the title (as found with Blu-Ray Steelbooks), are still "Steelbooks", even after all of this time? Or were these "Definitive" editions always Steelbooks and never became "Amarays"? Thanks again!

I know your not big into digibooks, but all the recent Blu-ray CinEditions (except for I guess only Predators) were previously released as CinEdition DVDs. If you look at the other CinEditions from DVD , all the Alien ones were too. So might be if they do another round that Alien will get batched up and dispersed in singles. That's what I'm personally holding off for.

no be carefull db,not all definitive editions are steelbooks.ages ago now i brought the definitive edition of braveheart,of play.com thinking it would be the steelbook.it turned up & it was amaray with slipcase.

I just saw the DVD Steel of Aliens at Fame Music in Amsterdam for 5 Euro. I'm a HUGE fan of the movie but already have the blu ray box set. Also, the artwork looked lo-res, but hey, its cheap so if G1 Steels are your thing then go for it. :)

no those def editions at amazon uk are NOT steelbooks. They sold out a long time ago. Better to check ebay.co.uk I have the Aliens one in steel.

Hi there, this is actually my first post but I think I may be of some help ;) .

I recently bought Alien Resurrection Definitive Edition from Base.com for only £3.49 and confirm that that was a Steelbook edition and that they post to the US; no idea what the postage costs are though (they are free in the UK). I also picked up a brand new sealed copy of Aliens Definitive Edition for £4.99 from ebay.co.uk. The seller had a few copies, so may be worth doing a search there.

I echo the previous post, though, that you need to be careful when ordering Definitive Editions from the 'net as the later issues were indeed slipcases and many sellers do not always state which one they are selling (this is especially important when ordering from Amazon Marketplace).

Having said that, I have found that although technically oop, most of the Definitive Edition Steelys are still quite easy to get for low prices. For example, I just bought the Speed and Daredevil steelys for only £2 each from Base.com :D .

Happy hunting!

Reactions: digitalbabe
Hi all,
I have alien steelys 1 to 3
The cheapest is definetly aliens for an unknown reason maybe they made more than the rest :S
The rest you can get for a fairly good price. I buy all mine from ebay, but just to warn you don't buy the first one you see on buy it now because they tend to sell for much less on auction. Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Had to pick up the Aliens steel from CD Wow! as it's my favorite film. Think I actually got the last copy too as it was suddenly sold out after my order! Thanks for the heads up with this thread.

Had to pick up the Aliens steel from CD Wow! as it's my favorite film. Think I actually got the last copy too as it was suddenly sold out after my order! Thanks for the heads up with this thread.

So it was YOU! I occasionally check CDWow to see what DVD SteelBooks™ they have In-Stock and the Aliens one I had my eye on. :hilarious:

I like the Definitive Edition SteelBooks™ that I've got so far ( Daredevil & Speed ). They look rather cool. :cool: