Alien DVD Steelbooks

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi All-so I am a huge Alien fan. Someone told me there were DVD Steelbooks released. Were they in the UK, or some other area? I've not really investigated this thoroughly, but I thought I'd post here, in case anyone has them? Were all movies released?

Thx!

I am currently standing at 25 in total which isn't bad. Some of their condition have been disappointing as I bought them as new but they turn up dented or with tiny scuffs which remove the ink. Secondly has anyone else ever noticed that if you keep your steelbooks in the celeophane this can actually be a bad idea as they often cover where some of the dents are! I finally decided to open the several I had that were still sealed and 3 had dents which I hadn't noticed when they were sealed. Gutted.

Some are proving more elusive than others too:

Battle of Britain
Predators 1 & 2
Braveheart
Master and Commander
Windtalkers
Independence Day
Silence of the Lambs.

I hopefully have From Hell on it's way to me and I'm just hoping it's in great condition! :s

If anyone can point me in the direction of some of the listed ones let me know. ebay occasionally lists these but they are often a little pricey and I always get outbid last minute! lol. It's like a minefield with this steelbook collection! The 3 sets for each edition makes finding the actual steelbooks difficult. Some could be right under my nose but the larger companies often cannot advise of the product details!

I just recenlty got Alien and Aliens steels and they are great editions. I am looking to pick up more in the future as well.

Just a quick side note, on the back of the Aliens steelbook in the credits section, the "Alien Effects Created By" is credited to a Stan Wilson. This is INCORRECT as we all know it was Stan Winston not Wilson. :emb: :hilarious:

Anyone know if this was corrected in later releases?

A Rocky Definitive Edition SteelBook was planned, and advertised, but for some unknown reason it never happened.

yes it was an odd one, it was released alongside the first wave but as a slipcase only.

i have all 34 definitive edition steelbooks too, but there were 36 not 35 definitive editions, one other movie got the treatment but again slipcase version on release and no steelbook version.

that film is passion of the christ. so if someone wants a full set of DE releases they would need 34 steels and 2 slipcased ones, but im happy with the steels only.

these steels were basically what universal and fox have done for steelbooks with their waves. they were awesome steels and the best versions of the films, but the steels were really cheap, just £6.99/£7.99 on release. i preordered them all.....that was really the peak of uk dvd steels.

i miss those days....still got every uk dvd steelbook and not sure if im the only one who can claim that. i even have the largely unknown ''easy car maintenence'' steelbook which is the most pointless steelbook i think in the world.

That 'Battle Of Britain' Definitive Edition is like Hens Teeth these days...

Shame they Never got as far as X-Men 3 to complete the set. :angry: