Aliens 30th Anniversary (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: October 10th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live at 12 PM UK time, on Saturday July 23, 2016)
Price: £15.99

aliens3.jpg

aliens2.jpg
aliens1.jpg
aliens 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I still do not own any Alien Steels, they have just been total crap, the last lot HMV I think were just plain dark and boring, I mean this is an all time classic film, and nothing has been done to really do justice with a steel, with the exception of the German I think, now they were nice, matched, good colour, nota bad image, but then I left it to late to buy them, they went through the roof price wise, anyway again this an easy pass.
Actually the image of Ripley being cuddled by the alien, has that not been used on another alien steel, I think it was a cover, might be wrong......

I'm hoping this is embossed and glossy to make up for the first failed attempt.
I'd be VERY surprised if this is glossy - with its fine detailed artwork I'm expecting a finish similar to that of INDEPENDENCE DAY.
If debossing is on the front hopefully it's on at least part of the central image (the Ripley part) and the title would be nice.

Forget Ripley, that's one sexy alien from the masters of sexy aliens H.R. GIGER
(https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...1.5.0....0...1c.1.64.img..0.1.110.bv6CwoX5z4U)

Hans Rudolph Giger (1940 - 1914)
- Swiss born
- Master of iconic imagery that he himself described as "biomechanical" including album cover for Emerson, Lake and Palmer in the 1970's and Debbie Harry and The Dead Kennedys in the 1980's (one in particular so obscene that the particular record label was nearly bankrupted due to legal expenses).
- Brought into the ALIEN universe when one of the "Alien" writers, Dan O'Bannon, brought Giger's "Necronom IV" painting to Ridley Scott's attention in 1977 and the rest, as they say, is history with Giger ending up winning an Academy Award for his artistic and creative achievements on the film (Best Achievement in Visual Effects).
NECRONOM IV (1976)
21000.jpg

He also worked on DUNE (1984) long before it became a David Lynch project and more recently - in 1994 - on designs for a new Batmobile for Joel Schumacher's BATMAN FOREVER - not used in the end.

c0az2eywbnt33bkxlsaj.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Bengaloo and MRD
DON'T FALL FOR IT !

Zavvi keeps re-releasing old steelbook titles that they have released previously with the same content, but just a different cover so don't be fooled your getting more for your money, its just clever marketing.

This is just my opinion, someone who has been collecting steelbooks from around the world for many years and have bought a lot of steelbooks from Zavvi.

DON'T FALL FOR IT !

Zavvi keeps re-releasing old steelbook titles that they have released previously with the same content, but just a different cover so don't be fooled your getting more for your money, its just clever marketing.

This is just my opinion, someone who has been collecting steelbooks from around the world for many years and have bought a lot of steelbooks from Zavvi.

Umm that's kind of the name of the steelbook game. Why do I have 6 different Looper steelbooks and 6 different Iron Man steelbooks when I could care less about the content of the discs? For the steelbook! At this point in my collection, it's not even about getting movies to watch, it's about collecting steelbooks for the art. :cigar:

Umm that's kind of the name of the steelbook game. Why do I have 6 different Looper steelbooks and 6 different Iron Man steelbooks when I could care less about the content of the discs? For the steelbook! At this point in my collection, it's not even about getting movies to watch, it's about collecting steelbooks for the art. :cigar:
I agree
It's no different to all the amaray re releases or limited edition re releases with new artwork that happen regularly with popular films
Steelbooks re releases are no different as they are now considered mainstream product and is why there is lot's of steelbook releases from film studios

Lot's of new collectors and new customers with disposable income in retail world
When a film is popular re releases are expected
A film studio would be running their business wrong if they did not do re releases of very popular films

You have new generation of new customers each year with income and they start spending money on films and music

A customer may have a previous release as a steelbook there will always be new customers to purchase a re release and those who missed out on a previous release and existing collectors who like to purchase again simply because of new artwork