Amazon.co.uk £24.07
Base.com £20.89
Zavvi.com (Sold Out) £19.99
Notes: Gloss finish and embossed.

10985319-1407763775-834913.jpg

10985319-1407763775-835041.jpg

10985319-1407763775-835016.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Steelbook surprise of the year. Never expected these to look so beautiful. :jawdrop:
Agree. Every Steelbook should be of similar quality to these.

Watched the first movie this morning also and it's not AS bad as I remembered. Probably because there is not as much expectation now!

I'm pretty bummed that they never fixed the title mistake on the spine (this film is 'Aliens vs Predator: Requiem' (correct on the front cover), not 'Alien...' like the spine says). I was hoping that Fox would've caught it.

Reactions: schrute farms
well the spine is black...so if you have a good printer and some time on your hands you could always print a sticker to go over the spine (or make a new spine to replace the old spine entirely)

The completionist in me wants to pick this and the first AvP film up to finish the set but given they're not great films I don't to pay full price or more for them either. What are the chances that these will eventually see a price drop like the Alien steels just had? Or are we thinking the print run will be low enough to not make that happen?

There is no way that either of these films is worth £19.99, so I've periodically been checking Zavvi in the hopes that they'd go on sale. I've just checked today and AvP is still full price and Requiem has totally disappeared from the listings. The Zavvi link above still works and it is showing as SOLD OUT.

• Informative
Reactions: lolwut
There is no way that either of these films is worth £19.99, so I've periodically been checking Zavvi in the hopes that they'd go on sale. I've just checked today and AvP is still full price and Requiem has totally disappeared from the listings. The Zavvi link above still works and it is showing as SOLD OUT.

Showed my son the first one and he wanted to see the second, so managed to pick it up from Base, via Rakuten using £5 off code.

Was surprised to see its hard to get hold of now!!

Lot of customers purchased these after seeing how great the steelbook looked

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Lot of customers purchased these after seeing how great the steelbook looked

Yeah I pre-ordered both has I needed them for my collection but cancelled 2 days before dispatch but then re-ordered once the pictures started appearing on here and was lucky enough to get both at £15 each when the price dropped.

I wasn't aware that they dropped in price since release? I thought the £15 price was only for those with enough hindsight to preorder? The price went up after release and didn't drop yet. Or so I thought?

Reactions: chunk
When i first pre-ordered the price was £25.99 each hoping a price drop would happen soon I don't think it did (can't remember) but did cancel close to release and then pre-ordered the 1 day before release when someone posted the new price of £15.36 each which didn't stay for long. Now I know AVP1 did drop below £14 at one point but this one hasn't.

How was there pictures made available before it was released? Did some Ninjas receive it early then?

I'm not fully understanding or else your posts are contradicting (as you first mentioned you cancelled 2 days before despatch but your second post says you still managed to preorder 1 day before release)?

Last edited:
How was there pictures made available before it was released? Did some Ninjas receive it early then?

I'm not fully understanding or else your posts are contradicting (as you first mentioned you cancelled 2 days before despatch but your second post says you still managed to preorder 1 day before release)?
Customers got early delivery from Zavvi and posted photos and was before release date resulting in lots of orders from Zavvi and Amazon.uk
Amazon.uk had price drop up to release date £15.00 but then the price went up very quickly after release date

I got mine from Zavvi and had used a discount code both cost me €23.02 Euro and €23.01 Euro

Last edited: