Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Amazon JP?
A) https://www.amazon.co.jp/?tag=hdnjp-22

Q) I haven't mastered Japanese yet - how can I read the site?
A1) Click on "in English" as seen in the screenshot herewith under "spoiler"

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 00.36.46.png

or

A2) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click on 'New customer? Start here' and follow the very easy on screen instructions!

Q) Do they ship outside of Japan?
A) Yes, Worldwide delivery Via DHL (tracked) only - check HERE for more info.

Example - 1 x steelbook to UK = £20.76 for Shipping (the more you order the better, but remember about Customs charges!)

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Depends on quantity you order, see below:

1 x steelbook (standard)
(Thanks to pokjak290 for pics)

201304070821.jpg

201304070822.jpg

1 x steelbook (Gift Wrapping)
(Thanks to blumaster for pics)

View attachment 14661

View attachment 14662

2+ steelbooks (standard)
(Thanks to SpeedmasterLee for pics)

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

Q) Selecting the 'Gift Wrapped Option', is it worth the extra cost?
A) As the pictures above shows, it's not perfect but an improvement to the jiffy bags. It costs around £2 for this option.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) No. It's sometimes cheaper for EU residents if they have their items sent to a USA friend/ninja and then forwarded on to the EU address.

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon shipment - Beware - if you buy multiple items they sometimes ship separately rather than combining them all.

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Credit Card / Amazon card - for more info click HERE

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) 50/50, they have good and bads days.

Q) What is the link to contact Customer Services?
A) Contact Us

Cancellations: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - follow on screen instructions

Replacements: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - Return or replace Items >> follow on screen instructions.

Keep in mind that if the item is out of stock, discontinued, and is not available for exchange, your order will be cancelled and will be refunded.

Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
note to anyone who's planning on ordering a single steel from Japan, I ordered Dark Knight as a single item order and had it gift wrapped for an extra 300 yen. They shipped it in a box, secured to a piece of cardboard. A definite upgrade in packaging and well worth the 300 yen.

View attachment 14661
View attachment 14662

opposed to...
004.JPG

If I order say 5 steelbooks and select the option to group items into as few deliveries as possible. I order 3 steelbooks that are already out, and two pre-orders. Do I get charged for the 3 in stock steelbooks straight away, or do they hold them and charge on dispatch once everything is in stock?

I want to order a few steels to the UK and need some insight from members that have already had stuff delivered.

Is it DHL that deliver?

I'm also trying to work out how much customs I'm likely to pay. Is there any way of calculating this?

^ Customs charges will be an extra 20% of the overall value of the order (VAT)
Plus an additional "administration" type of fee. (aka profiteering)

Also, When the UK government intercepts your parcel, they will send you a ransom letter informing that you have a certain amount of time to pay up, otherwise it gets shipped back to Japan.

What browser/s are you guys using?

I use Chrome for Amazon Jp and have never had the issue.

Just tested it now and no problems.

Last edited:
I want to order a few steels to the UK and need some insight from members that have already had stuff delivered.

Is it DHL that deliver?

I'm also trying to work out how much customs I'm likely to pay. Is there any way of calculating this?
Used to be which was easy on pocket re Admin Fees but think it's now handled by Royal Mail so it's £8 fee :angry: Been a while since I ordered direct to UK.
^ Customs charges will be an extra 20% of the overall value of the order (VAT)
Plus an additional "administration" type of fee. (aka profiteering)

Also, When the UK government intercepts your parcel, they will send you a ransom letter informing that you have a certain amount of time to pay up, otherwise it gets shipped back to Japan.

LOL Don't just hate those customs letters. ARRGGGHHH

Best suggestion, in my book, is to enter address at Amazon.jp address book of a trustworthy friend in, say, US, get them shipped there and then pay them to forward it once they get them. Saves a ton of ££££ and shipping is cheaper too :D

They shipped it in a box, secured to a piece of cardboard.

View attachment 14661

Shrinkwrapping the items to the base of a box is actually standard practice whenever you order more than 1 item from them. You don't need the gift wrap option for them to do that.

BUT, the problem with Amazon Japan are those boxes they use (as in your picture) which are terribly weak and fragile. Whenever any weight at all is put on them, the serrated edge at the front just breaks and the lid flaps open. 3 out of the last 4 packages I've received from them have arrived with an opened lid or no lid at all!

I'll be sending pics to Amazon to let them know had badly the packaging is failing, but I don't know that they'll take much notice. In the meantime it makes ordering from them a very risky business! :ohno:

i wish I got a box like that ... I got that cardboard thing that conforms to the product like a bubble mailer kinda but not bubble. My TDKR although unscathed had the black box it came with smashed.