Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Amazon JP?
A) https://www.amazon.co.jp/?tag=hdnjp-22

Q) I haven't mastered Japanese yet - how can I read the site?
A1) Click on "in English" as seen in the screenshot herewith under "spoiler"

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 00.36.46.png

or

A2) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click on 'New customer? Start here' and follow the very easy on screen instructions!

Q) Do they ship outside of Japan?
A) Yes, Worldwide delivery Via DHL (tracked) only - check HERE for more info.

Example - 1 x steelbook to UK = £20.76 for Shipping (the more you order the better, but remember about Customs charges!)

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Depends on quantity you order, see below:

1 x steelbook (standard)
(Thanks to pokjak290 for pics)

201304070821.jpg

201304070822.jpg

1 x steelbook (Gift Wrapping)
(Thanks to blumaster for pics)

View attachment 14661

View attachment 14662

2+ steelbooks (standard)
(Thanks to SpeedmasterLee for pics)

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

Q) Selecting the 'Gift Wrapped Option', is it worth the extra cost?
A) As the pictures above shows, it's not perfect but an improvement to the jiffy bags. It costs around £2 for this option.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) No. It's sometimes cheaper for EU residents if they have their items sent to a USA friend/ninja and then forwarded on to the EU address.

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon shipment - Beware - if you buy multiple items they sometimes ship separately rather than combining them all.

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Credit Card / Amazon card - for more info click HERE

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) 50/50, they have good and bads days.

Q) What is the link to contact Customer Services?
A) Contact Us

Cancellations: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - follow on screen instructions

Replacements: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - Return or replace Items >> follow on screen instructions.

Keep in mind that if the item is out of stock, discontinued, and is not available for exchange, your order will be cancelled and will be refunded.

Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to read the above posts as I haven't ordered anything from Japan in over 10 years. Even in my DVD collecting days I restricted ordering to items not otherwise available anywhere else. Apart from the high prices, I got fed up being clobbered with Import VAT plus the extortionate handling charge. It's good to see that Amazon.co.jp has now adopted the facility to pay the Import VAT in advance and thereby avoid the handling charge. I wish I'd picked up on this fact a couple of months ago when a number of steelbooks, not available outside of Japan, were going for a very good price. Unfortunately, the titles I am interested in are no longer in stock at Amazon and are only available through market place sellers at considerably more than Amazon was selling them for.

I note, however, that a large number of those are fulfilled by Amazon so it's Amazon's shipping prices, etc which apply. One thing I've not been able to ascertain, however, is whether it is possible to pay the Import VAT in advance in such cases or whether that only applies to items sold directly by Amazon. I can't find anything specific on their site relating to this. Has anyone here had any experience of this?

Hello Guys,

a few weeks ago I've made my first order with a Thor TDW Steelbook. Now the sad Pics but the Steelbook is shipped yet. My "dumb" question is: Can I cancel my Order and send the Items back for a full refund? Maybe someone can help me with an answer.

Quote by Amazon.jp :

Gift-Wrapping is a service to send an item as a gift, and it is not a service to enhanced the packaging.

We are sorry, but we can't accommodate special packaging requests at this time. We've developed a software program that determines the "right-sized" packaging for any given item, based on that item's dimensions and weight. We make every attempt to make sure your order is packaged securely and efficiently.

Quote by Amazon.jp :

Gift-Wrapping is a service to send an item as a gift, and it is not a service to enhanced the packaging.

We are sorry, but we can't accommodate special packaging requests at this time. We've developed a software program that determines the "right-sized" packaging for any given item, based on that item's dimensions and weight. We make every attempt to make sure your order is packaged securely and efficiently.

Speaking of Amazon JP packaging... I ordered 5 DigiBooks and 4 SteelBooks in their "fire sale" last week. I opted for gift wrapping for each item. I received the Steels and they all were in the wrapping and secured to the board with plastic. The DigiBooks however had no wrapping but were still all secured with plastic and cardboard. All they did was slap the gift tag sticker on each DigiBook. You can see the tag there under the packing slip

Would you guys complain about that and try to get refunded since it was not the whole gift wrapping package?

Yes, I would complain. If you paid for gift wrapping on each item, then each item should be individually gift wrapped. How the order is then packaged to be delivered to you is another matter.

It's not what you paid for. Accept nothing less.

Exactly :thumbs:

Gift wrapping, to me, is when I can give the item to someone else and they don't see the present :thumbs:

Of course, in steelbook terms, to protect the item during transport :D

Ok just received my second delivery from amazon.jp. Both items were individually gift wrapped and shrink wrapped to a cardboard base and inside a box.....:scat:

Guess I am 10/10 so far! ;)

Next delivery friday so will post then....:thumbs:

Thor parcel arrived :(

Notice the gift element, a sticker (yes, stuck to the wrap) and an elastic band thrown in the box EEK!

View attachment 74496

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Amazon JP explains the two different Gift options...I selected the cheaper Noshi Gift Sticker for for 154 yen and not the gift-wrapped for 308 yen

Noshi...

GUID-FC4880BE-6B2C-438B-AECB-76B29F8D9819_en-JP.png

Wrapping...

GUID-B6E845B3-ED86-44AC-A018-C0B4B487145E_en-JP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I received (3) three orders, three separate oversized boxes. Not sure why a single steelbook is packaged in a 12x12x12 box? Two of the steels had the gift sticker stuck on the steel and one was in the gift bag. The two that had the sticker only were inside the large box with some crumpled up paper. No protection what so ever. Hole in one of the boxes and all.

By far the worst packaging ever. Paid the extra for the gift wrap and got that mess. Amazon, mass production. :angry:

My Rambo Futurepack came in a really big box with crumpled paper too. With a gift sticker on the item. It arrived mint. I think the software they use to choose the right box size doesn`t work properly.

Another delivery from them today. And it was a single item gift wrapped and shrink wrapped to a cardboard base, and in a very sturdy slim line cardboard box that I've never seen before....:scat:

Happy to report all minty mint here!!! :D

Reactions: domalorite
Forget to put the gift option with my RUSH order...you know ive to be fast.

Pray for me and my Metalpak....Amazon.jp isnt able to add the gift option after preorder :(

Is it worth adding the gift option then? sounds like mixed people are getting mixed results. Why do you guys add the gift wrapping? does it guarantee them sending in a box versus the dreaded padded envelope?

My Amazon JP Lone Survivor Steelbook came in a slimline cardboard box a little bit bigger than Amazon UK boxes.

No gift wrapping marked on mine. I hope my next JP order comes like this. Very impressive service.

Attachments

• IMAG3729.jpg
    IMAG3729.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 260
  • IMAG3728.jpg
    IMAG3728.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 277
  • IMAG3730.jpg
    IMAG3730.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 265
Reactions: pokjak290 and kron