Amazon (Non-US) - Retailer Thread [Multiple]

amazonlogo.jpg

Feel free to discuss any service, shipping and other matters related to the international (non-US) Amazon sites here. Share feedback, discuss packaging, etc.

Contact links for...

Amazon France for 2. Sélectionnez un problème select the Contact Us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Germany for 2. Bitte wählen Sie ein Thema select the Write to us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Spain for 2. Selecciona un problema select the Would you like some help in English? option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Italy for 2. Seleziona un argomento select the Email Us in English option from the dropdown list.

ORIGINALY reported by Buffalo MX

Hey guys! Wanted to share this with my fellow US & Canada members.

I suppose some of our European members can benefit from this as well.

I think this is very news worthy for all us steelbook collectors, so it deserves it's own thread for now. :scat:

I just got an order in from amazon.de and I was very surprised at the SIZE
of the box that appeared, just for 6 steelbooks. Well, it appears that for any
NEW release, that they haven't packaged up yet or a catalog release that might be on backorder (like my order of Judge Dredd was), they have a new box. EEK! :oohyeah:

We all remember that the package had been improved recently to bubble wrap inside a foldover box. :movie:

Well, now there is a new box, frustration free packaging, SPECIFICALLY labeled for steelbooks / metal packaging. :drool:

Pics below of the box, before opening and then after I opened it.
105_3955.jpg

105_3956.jpg

105_3957.jpg

105_3958.jpg

105_3959.jpg

105_3960.jpg

Last edited:
I'm personally getting a little fed-up of Amazon.co.uk's new SteelBook packaging - How many people here have opened the slimline box only to find the product stuck firmly to the glue which is supposed to hold the plastic film in place? The majority of the time the plastic film has come unglued, and the SteelBook is embedded in the hot-glue. Frustrates the hell out of me!

An easy solution would be to wrap the SteelBook in a thin piece of foam (like Zavvi do), or some other disposable material which would get stuck to the glue instead of the product

Reactions: blu-steel
Agree. Last couple of orders I've had from them have been like this. One steelbook I got was so badly stuck, I thought the paint was going to come away with it. Luckily not (so far)

The packing team aren't capable of placing an object in the center of a piece of card before heat shrinking it!!

Anyone know how to contact any of the European amazon customer service now that its all been changed? I cant figure out how to contact them in English anymore. France and Germany are both different than it used to be.

Anyone know how to contact any of the European amazon customer service now that its all been changed? I cant figure out how to contact them in English anymore. France and Germany are both different than it used to be.
Contact links for...

Amazon France for 2. Sélectionnez un problème select the Contact Us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Germany for 2. Bitte wählen Sie ein Thema select the Write to us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Spain for 2. Selecciona un problema select the Would you like some help in English? option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Italy for 2. Seleziona un argomento select the Email Us in English option from the dropdown list.

Last edited:
Contact links for...

Thank you so much. This needs to be a sticky for everyone.

I'm so sick of amazon uk you cant get anyone to understand you anymore there call centre in the Philippines is a joke I went through 3 reps just to get one who could understand what I'm saying, 35 mins I was on the phone, my god how things have changed mind when amazon was great? and when you spoke to a customer rep they were in the u.k and it was sorted in 2 mins? now ordering fae amazon u.k is no better than the others in-fact I've dropped most of my amazon shopping due to various issues inc. pricing, packaging, c.s, price matching, damaged items.

It's just not worth it anymore it's crazy to see just how bad amazon have got in-fact it's hard to believe they could get to this.
they were the giants, maybe another watchdog scare will sort them out a bit, if I were in charge of amazon I would be very red faced at the moment at just how poor we've become.

I'm so sick of amazon uk you cant get anyone to understand you anymore there call centre in the Philippines is a joke I went through 3 reps just to get one who could understand what I'm saying, 35 mins I was on the phone, my god how things have changed mind when amazon was great? and when you spoke to a customer rep they were in the u.k and it was sorted in 2 mins? now ordering fae amazon u.k is no better than the others in-fact I've dropped most of my amazon shopping due to various issues inc. pricing, packaging, c.s, price matching, damaged items.

It's just not worth it anymore it's crazy to see just how bad amazon have got in-fact it's hard to believe they could get to this.
they were the giants, maybe another watchdog scare will sort them out a bit, if I were in charge of amazon I would be very red faced at the moment at just how poor we've become.

I've never had anyone in the Philippines answer my call or anyone hard to communicate with, it may be quicker if you use their chat system instead. Having said that I'm kind of sick of Amazon UK too, their packaging is bad, they keep using those stupid mailers for steelbooks and box sets (A1, C3 etc), go back a year and they were using boxes and cushioning. It's not easy working out if they damaged them in the warehouse or in transit, the mailers always seem to have some damage, the item inside can still turn up mint.

I have better luck with new steelbook releases I don't get them damaged, even in that horrible A1 mailer they insist on using every time. The older releases they have are usually damaged in terms of scuffing and scratches, they still send them in the better steelbook, boxes, so the damage is not in delivery.

Last edited:
Bought 4 Steelbooks from Amazon.de.

Now I always thought Amazon refunded you the difference if the price of an item dropped within 7 days of your delivery date?

Obviously not, as, after 2 separate emails I've been told to reorder at the cheaper price and return the original (they only arrived this morning) but why would I do that? Extra postage costs and the hassle of a trip to the post office. Defies the whole point really.

Really pissed off with this if I'm honest, as I thought Amazon were fair to their customers. Now they're just acting like Zavvi :(

Bought 4 Steelbooks from Amazon.de.

Now I always thought Amazon refunded you the difference if the price of an item dropped within 7 days of your delivery date?

Obviously not, as, after 2 separate emails I've been told to reorder at the cheaper price and return the original (they only arrived this morning) but why would I do that? Extra postage costs and the hassle of a trip to the post office. Defies the whole point really.

Really pissed off with this if I'm honest, as I thought Amazon were fair to their customers. Now they're just acting like Zavvi :(
Pre Order Price Promise is only up to Release Date
If your order on or before release date and the price drops after the date you ordered up to to release date then you get the difference refunded
Delivery date is not counted its only up to release date

If the price drops after release date the price promise does not apply

Pre Order Price Promise is only up to Release Date
If your order on or before release date and the price drops after the date you ordered up to to release date then you get the difference refunded
Delivery date is not counted its only up to release date

If the price drops after release date the price promise does not apply
It's not the preorder price promise I'm talking about (only one of the four items was a preorder) They used to refund you if an item dropped in price, firstly it was within 30 days of purchase then they dropped it to 7 days of your delivery date. It would appear now you get nothing.

The price on one of mine dropped before I even got the delivery (which was only this morning)

You will buddy all there call centers are in the Philippines, I'm using amazon as little as possible.
I've almost always had either English or Irish people dealing with dealing my calls.

The only exception being one time when I called after 6pm (by which point the English call centre staff have gone home) - that time I ended up speaking to an Indian guy (who was completely useless, so I ended up calling again the next day).

Reactions: steelbobawny
Amazon.co.uk has been dropping the ball in the shipping department. Last couple items I got from them came in A1 mailers, both damaged. Their service is great though. No waiting to get an answer or haggling with represetnatives for a proper resolution. Seems like Amazon.de is the best amazon retailer when it comes to shipping steels.

I received Need for Speed steelbook from Amazon.it with major damage. They said to keep it and a new one is on its way. I just cannot understand how they would rather deal with replacements than shipping steelbooks correctly to begin with. I have ordered a fair amount from them recently and they have had about a 75% success rate but their CS cannot be beat. They even replied to me in English which is a nice touch.