Amazon (Non-US) - Retailer Thread [Multiple]

amazonlogo.jpg

Feel free to discuss any service, shipping and other matters related to the international (non-US) Amazon sites here. Share feedback, discuss packaging, etc.

Contact links for...

Amazon France for 2. Sélectionnez un problème select the Contact Us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Germany for 2. Bitte wählen Sie ein Thema select the Write to us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Spain for 2. Selecciona un problema select the Would you like some help in English? option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Italy for 2. Seleziona un argomento select the Email Us in English option from the dropdown list.

ORIGINALY reported by Buffalo MX

Hey guys! Wanted to share this with my fellow US & Canada members.

I suppose some of our European members can benefit from this as well.

I think this is very news worthy for all us steelbook collectors, so it deserves it's own thread for now. :scat:

I just got an order in from amazon.de and I was very surprised at the SIZE
of the box that appeared, just for 6 steelbooks. Well, it appears that for any
NEW release, that they haven't packaged up yet or a catalog release that might be on backorder (like my order of Judge Dredd was), they have a new box. EEK! :oohyeah:

We all remember that the package had been improved recently to bubble wrap inside a foldover box. :movie:

Well, now there is a new box, frustration free packaging, SPECIFICALLY labeled for steelbooks / metal packaging. :drool:

Pics below of the box, before opening and then after I opened it.
105_3955.jpg

105_3956.jpg

105_3957.jpg

105_3958.jpg

105_3959.jpg

105_3960.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone used the prime free trial?? How easy is it to cancel?

If it's the same as the US version it's really easy. Just click a few buttons. Be sure to cancel it before the date is up.

As for me, has anyone dealt with Amazon.de? I got 2001: A Space Odyssey today and it looks like someone played baseball with it.

Reactions: Flash
If it's the same as the US version it's really easy. Just click a few buttons. Be sure to cancel it before the date is up.

As for me, has anyone dealt with Amazon.de? I got 2001: A Space Odyssey today and it looks like someone played baseball with it.

Yeah, I've had quite a bit from Amazon.de and they've always been fine (not what you wanna hear i'm sure), sorry.:sorry: No doubt the next one i receive will be in a rrrrright state,:wow: lol but hopefully not, touch wood!!

Amazons customer service is really good. They have always responded quickly and they have even sent me out a replacement and let me keep the damaged item. I imagine with this being out of stock they will offer you a refund.

Well, I hope Amazon in the US starts using this packaging. I've all but given up on ordering steels through Amazon. Despite the great customer service, just not worth the time. Hoping a change in packaging will change my mind.

Amazon.co.uk has been dropping the ball in the shipping department. Last couple items I got from them came in A1 mailers, both damaged. Their service is great though. No waiting to get an answer or haggling with represetnatives for a proper resolution. Seems like Amazon.de is the best amazon retailer when it comes to shipping steels.

So buddy if i have an order from amazon.de and the same order on zavvi. Should i go with amazo.de for the packaging or go with zavvi? Both of the titles are sold out
Amazon.italy and france packaging are bad. A1 envelope. Same with spain.

So buddy if i have an order from amazon.de and the same order on zavvi. Should i go with amazo.de for the packaging or go with zavvi? Both of the titles are sold out
Amazon.italy and france packaging are bad. A1 envelope. Same with spain.

Amazon.de's packaging is really good, better than Zavvi's. Zavvi's packaging isn't bad but it is not great either. I guess it comes down to which deal is better.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
Amazon.co.uk are now charging shipping on all Steelbooks under £20. Piss takers. That's me gone.

Amazon UK still put me off buying steelbooks from them, they kept sending my orders in an A1 mailer, the last one this year was the flap type mailer, not had a lot damaged from them but always a risk. Charging for delivery will only lose them more customers. I have an Amazon prime but their not first in the list when ordering a steelbook.

Today Amazon France sent my steelbooks using a C2 mailer for 3 steelbooks, the flap was a bit loose so their was movement inside and no way near good enough packaging, this is even worse than Amazon UK as it's overseas.

Amazon C2 Mailer Front.jpg Amazon C2 Mailer Back.jpg Amazon C2 Mailer Inside.jpg

Last edited:
Is it just me, or has Amazon's packing become terrible now. They have stopped using the Packing where the steelbook "floats" inside to those crappy A1 mailers. Recent orders from DE, FR and IT all came in A1 mailers and all were damaged. WTF. They used to be so reliable now every steel shows up with dents and shaped like a boomerang. Not pleased!!!! Anyone know why they stooped with the old packing??

I'm lucky in that my postman bothers to knock at the door and wait so I get handed my package instead of it flying trough my letterbox like a Exocet........

Italy , France, Spain and sometimes Germany use very poor packaging, they always ship with courier , comparatively Zavvi is very good

Ordered a Spiderman 2 from Amazon.de on Sunday evening. The good news is, they seem to have started shipping some Amazon.de orders from Dunfermline (Scotland), which means it took just a day to be delivered after being dispatched.

The bad news is, the packaging was terrible; they used a huge cardboard outer with no protection (for a single Steelbook) and it arrived like this with the shrinkwrap ripped and j-card damaged:

IMG_1108_sm.jpg IMG_1105_sm.jpg

I ordered the Frequencies Steelbook from Amazon.de yesterday which was also dispatched from Dunfermline today. I really hope that it doesn't arrive like this :(

Last edited:
Ordered a Spiderman 2 from Amazon.de on Sunday evening. The good news is, they seem to have started shipping some Amazon.de orders from Dunfermline (Scotland), which means it took just a day to be delivered after being dispatched.

The bad news is, the packaging was terrible; they used a huge cardboard outer with no protection (for a single Steelbook) and it arrived like this with the shrinkwrap ripped and j-card damaged:

View attachment 176113 View attachment 176112

I ordered the Frequencies Steelbook from Amazon.de yesterday which was also dispatched from Dunfermline today. I really hope that it doesn't arrive like this :(

It's been the case for awhile now, that if you reside in the UK and you order from any of Amazon's European sites, the packages are shipped initially from the respective European distribution centres to the UK one, and then posted to the customer by Royal Mail.

I'd agree with you that ordering from any of Amazon's European sites has now become very much a gamble as to how they are going to be packaged. I always try and order at least four items to try and avoid the use of the A1 and A2 mailers. Normally this works but it's not unknown for larger orders to be broken down and sent in smaller consignments.

Fortunately, Amazon's customer service departments are first rate, so if anything does go wrong, it's hassle free getting a replacement or refund.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBMT
My recent purchase from Amazon Italy was positive, on the costumer service part atleast!

I ordered the Snowpiercer steelbook. Arrived in the standard A1 cardboard mailer, in horrible condition. Big tears in the shrinkwrap, several scrathes and painchips.
Sent it back and wanted a replacement.

First I got refunded for the postage I had to pay for returning it.
Second, they sent the new steelbook before they got my returned one.
Third, when they got my returned steelbook, they refunded me another 7 euros for the condition it initially arrived in.

So I got a new steelbook in "mint" condition plus a refund of 7 euros. Pretty good Amazon IT, thank you.

The new steel still came in the same crappy A1 cardboard mailer though, but atleast it didnt have any scratches.
They seriously need to scrap that, or atleast bubblewrap it inside the mailer.

Reactions: Ronnie3067
I'm hoping some kind Ninja can help. I'm trying to register on Amazon.co.jp and am struggling to enter my address, it keeps asking for state and as all the ones listed are in Japan the rest of my address doesn't correspond, how do I register?

Figured it out, there's an option to register a foreign address!

Last edited:
Ordered the Blomkamp3 digibook froma Amazon.De. The details on their webpage showed the text in the digibook as English, although I half expected the text to be in German. Lo and behold, it was in German when it arrived.
I contacted them, stating the item was not as described so they offered a 10% refund, so I replied, saying I was disappointed with the offer of the 10% as I was happy with the digibook but unhappy with the German text.
Shortly after I received a phone call from Amazon.De's customer services and was told they would be giving a full refund plus I could keep the item as a goodwill gesture, making the item free!! Excellent service from Amazon!!

On a more negative note, has anybody else noticed Amazon.co.uk have upped the free delivery price from orders over £10.00 to orders over £20.00?
CRAP!!!!