Amazon (Non-US) - Retailer Thread [Multiple]

amazonlogo.jpg

Feel free to discuss any service, shipping and other matters related to the international (non-US) Amazon sites here. Share feedback, discuss packaging, etc.

Contact links for...

Amazon France for 2. Sélectionnez un problème select the Contact Us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Germany for 2. Bitte wählen Sie ein Thema select the Write to us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Spain for 2. Selecciona un problema select the Would you like some help in English? option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Italy for 2. Seleziona un argomento select the Email Us in English option from the dropdown list.

ORIGINALY reported by Buffalo MX

Hey guys! Wanted to share this with my fellow US & Canada members.

I suppose some of our European members can benefit from this as well.

I think this is very news worthy for all us steelbook collectors, so it deserves it's own thread for now. :scat:

I just got an order in from amazon.de and I was very surprised at the SIZE
of the box that appeared, just for 6 steelbooks. Well, it appears that for any
NEW release, that they haven't packaged up yet or a catalog release that might be on backorder (like my order of Judge Dredd was), they have a new box. EEK! :oohyeah:

We all remember that the package had been improved recently to bubble wrap inside a foldover box. :movie:

Well, now there is a new box, frustration free packaging, SPECIFICALLY labeled for steelbooks / metal packaging. :drool:

Pics below of the box, before opening and then after I opened it.
105_3955.jpg

105_3956.jpg

105_3957.jpg

105_3958.jpg

105_3959.jpg

105_3960.jpg

Last edited:
On a more negative note, has anybody else noticed Amazon.co.uk have upped the free delivery price from orders over £10.00 to orders over £20.00?
CRAP!!!!
They want to one of the following happen:
1) Make people buy more stuff every order.
2) Make people think hmm prime isn't such bad value after all... as it means I don't have to spend £20 every order for free delivery.

Personally I use Amazon a lot (including ordering stuff for work), so prime's unlimited next day delivery actually works out as very good value for me.

---

I ordered The Voices from Amazon UK a few weeks ago, and it didn't come in the special steelbook boxes as usual, but it had been bubble wrapped which was nice to find as in the past I'd always either received them in the steelbook boxes (99% of the time) or in A1 mailers without any additional protection.

Last edited:
I've had the worst steelbook delivery from Amazon Germany, seems they are redirecting their delivery from within UK to me, it has Royal Mail on the delivery label and a UK return address for undelivered items, someone there thinks it's ideal to send steelbooks in a long card mailer, could have fit four items in there, would have been bashed in to each other too. This mailer is more flimsy and weak than the kind used by Amazon UK, obviously this has not helped and I have a damaged steelbook in my hands.

This is not what I am used to from Amazon Germany, I hope this stops I have sent a complaint about this, they did this with another item, a plastic keep case, that was smashed, spine fell to bits. They usually replace the item and do not want it returned due to costs but I don't know if I want to order from there if this carries on for me.

What's the easiest way to contact Amazon Germany? I got my first order from them today and just no. I ordered three digibooks and two of them are horribly crushed. They used a mailer which was too big/they didn't fold the sides in properly. I'm hoping I can avoid sending them back because postage to Germany costs a mint and takes forever.

What's the easiest way to contact Amazon Germany? I got my first order from them today and just no. I ordered three digibooks and two of them are horribly crushed. They used a mailer which was too big/they didn't fold the sides in properly. I'm hoping I can avoid sending them back because postage to Germany costs a mint and takes forever.
Amazon.de can now be viewed in English. If you log in to your account you should be able to go through the returns process in English in the same way as Amazon UK. Hope this helps :thumbs:.
http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/custom..._help?ie=UTF8&nodeId=504874&tag=hidefnin0d-21

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Futurhythm
I sent them an email with that link and five minutes later they've processed a replacement for me. Can't fault Amazon service and I love it, but good service isn't going to stop my stuff from getting crushed. Fingers crossed they pack it better this time.

Hunger games complete collection amazon exclusive with lenti £23.99

The Hunger Games - Complete Collection (Steelbook - Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) [Blu-ray] [2015] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0189IUQSU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_KvyYwb26DHDV9

This deal requires you to sign up for a free trial of Amazon prime. If you've already had one try using a different card to sign up ( if you don't want to pay after the trial make sure you cancel your subscription within 30 days )

Download the prime now app (has to be the prime now app)

Buy £30 Amazon gift voucher for £20 with the code TRYITNOW

Use the vouchers to pre order the steelbook off the normal Amazon app for 23.99

Simples
What if you can't get prime now in your city?

My order of 4 steelbooks from amazon.it came in two shipments, 3 in a fold over cardboard box, and 1 in an A1 mailer.

I thought the worst when I saw the packages but much to my surprise, each steelbook was individually bubble wrapped. All 4 steels are mint. Have to say I'm pretty pleased with Amazon.it!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
I posted this in Amazon US Retailer thread
There has been changes to shipping policy with Amazon USA website orders

Amazon USA have changed Standard International Shipping
It's now AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping

If your based in a EU country and ordering from AmazonUSA Website
Imports fees deposit taken for VAT payment relevant to your country VAT rate and threshold as to when VAT applies on imports

If the price of item is below your country Vat import free limit (Ireland is €22 UK is £15.00) you won't have the Imports fees deposit applied but it will be applied if over that amount

How accurate is the delivery date for all of the international Amazon websites when delivering to the US? I have an order from Amazon.co.uk and one from Amazon.fr and they both said they were to be here on the 24th and they didn't show up then. Was just curious as to who they use when the packages come stateside and how often/infrequently the expected delivery dates are met.

Rep of Ireland members

Be wary of Amazon UK if you ordered using Free Shipping option as your shipping choice

Amazon have just recently in past 2 weeks are using Carrier ASENDIA
I'm at this moment trying to get Amazon to stop using this Carrier for Rep of Ireland Customers
ASENDIA is extremely slow for deliveries can take 10 days to a few weeks to be delivered or not arrive at all and are high risk of damage especially for Steelbooks and Blu-ray Slipcovers

I got a reply today from amazon UK customer service
This was the reply
However, I would like to tell you that for all the cheapest delivery options, we use ASENDIA to deliver parcels, and, if you upgrade your delivery type, you will get other carriers to deliver your orders.

Basically Amazon are saying if you want to avoid them using ASENDIA dont choose free shipping
Do not accept this from them be very brunt with your complaints

If you ordered from Amazon and you see the Carrier is ASENDIA contact amazon and make a complaint do not accept any reply that they don’t have the ability to assign certain carriers to a specific customer address

Tell them very upfront they are not to use Carrier ASENDIA for Rep Of Ireland Customer orders under any circumstances

I just had an order from Amazon UK delivered via Standard Shipping, from date of order to received it took 10 business days which is fine. The bad part is my slips arrived damaged. I only opt for gift packaging when ordering a steelbook. Now i regret it, i just placed a new order with more items hoping to get a bigger box with padding and also selected AmazonGlobal Standard for shipping.

Here are some pictures of how my box arrived.

be5607f7-784b-4434-80c9-1da8077e509a_zpsjffqwf8b.jpg

0923161743a_zpsveyuwki5.jpg

0923161745_zpsp2wxayf1.jpg
0923161746_zpsbj2bys7v.jpg

(n)(n)
I just had an order from Amazon UK delivered via Standard Shipping, from date of order to received it took 10 business days which is fine. The bad part is my slips arrived damaged. I only opt for gift packaging when ordering a steelbook. Now i regret it, i just placed a new order with more items hoping to get a bigger box with padding and also selected AmazonGlobal Standard for shipping.

Here are some pictures of how my box arrived.

be5607f7-784b-4434-80c9-1da8077e509a_zpsjffqwf8b.jpg

0923161743a_zpsveyuwki5.jpg

0923161745_zpsp2wxayf1.jpg
0923161746_zpsbj2bys7v.jpg
Oh my
They used carrier ASENDIA to ship to USA (n):(:stop:
Carrier ASENDIA are not the best as a carrier

Ask Amazon to send a replacement they should use a different carrier most like use priority shipping

Reactions: vml3615
Thanks Paul, i was able to go online and submit an item and box damaged claim and i am going to get a refund and can keep the item. I thought i would have to send the item back on my own dime and did not want to go through the hassle. I hope my 2nd order arrives ok.

My 2nd order arrived today. Took 5 days, shipped on the 25th of September via AmazonGlobal Standard.

Box was in bad shape but my items are all ok. Seems like i got lucky. Next time i might just have to do the gift option to make sure they ship a box inside another box to be sure.

0930161524_zpsyhvlm7b8.jpg

8a03ceda-1002-4e93-9ec6-665738b200c2_zpsmxu0ztiw.jpg

Last edited:
Got today a Steelbook from Amazon Germany. Normally they send it in special Steelbooks packaging. But NOT this time. :( A2 cardboard crap. Luckily the Steelbook had no dents ( :) ), but still....

Is this happen now more often of was this a rare case? :(

Amazon Germany have started now to use Carrier: ASENDIA even when you pay for shipping

Say goodbye to orders arriving on time if even at all and high risk of arriving damaged when they use Carrier: ASENDIA

Amazon will end up loosing customers if they continue using this carrier