UK
Release date: May 9th, 2016
Purchase link: Amelie (live)
Price: £14.99

11243882-3074363309456875.jpg

11243882-3504363309936371.jpg

11243882-8204363309739877.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi does not do full package releases. Retailers all over the world have embraced what collectors want. FilmArena, Blufans, KimchiDVD, Nova Media, HDZeta, Plain Archive... etc.

Zavvi plays a very different game than the rest.

yeah but i like to have an cheap alternative for movies that are not my absolute favorites or to double dip and open them. that's what zavvi is for and u will never see any of these full package releases going out for 8quid (incl shipping!) or even near as close to that

Zavvi does not do full package releases. Retailers all over the world have embraced what collectors want. FilmArena, Blufans, KimchiDVD, Nova Media, HDZeta, Plain Archive... etc.

Zavvi plays a very different game than the rest.

Not just Zavvi mate. Amazon, HMV, USA releases, Canadian releases, Germany (possible lenti magnet), France etc

Always refreshing to see a pretty girl on the front (as on the Amaray slipcover) but this steel makes up for it with its naïve L.S. Lowry style figure and buildings.
A unique design and so different to anything else out there :thumbs: and lovely indeed.
One of the films I bought ages ago but never watched but will now.
Very minor maybe but a bit weird is the lack of the acute accent on the first "e" of Amelie . . . it's on the Korean but not on any other release that I can see :confused:

EDIT 6/2: Possibly live today at 6PM

Last edited:
Have ordered for now

Depending on release date I will cancel and re order. Hoping for April or after as I have a few orders for March already

@Noodles live mate and ZAVWEL54 Works
Cheers for the heads up dude! :)

As much as I like the artwork, I'm going to pass on this for now... sticking to my rule of £10 or less. I actually expected this to go up at £12.99 like a few of Zavvi's recent steels... maybe then I would've actually considered it with the 10% off code. Greedy sods can bog off with their £15 for a catalogue title. :greedy:o_O

Cheers for the heads up dude! :)

As much as I like the artwork, I'm going to pass on this for now... sticking to my rule of £10 or less. I actually expected this to go up at £12.99 like a few of Zavvi's recent steels... maybe then I would've actually considered it with the 10% off code. Greedy sods can bog off with their £15 for a catalogue title. :greedy:o_O

To be honest mate I'm only putting in a order just incase and until it has a release date and the same with Bronson and the mist. I'll prob wait for them all to get a price drop
I was also expecting £12.99 with this wave. Greedy b-stards

Reactions: Noodles
Lovely though this steelbook is I think we can safely say without fear of contradiction that foreign language steelbooks, especially those without dub tracks, can take ages to sell out . . .
A few random examples that are still available to buy (with some quite a bit cheaper than they were at pre-order) months and sometimes years after release would be:-
THE TESTAMENT OF DR.MABUSE from September 2012
ZATOICHI from November 2013
CITY OF GOD from December 2013
HOUSE OF FLYING DAGGERS from May 2014
LA HAINE from August 2014
APOCALYPTO from October 2014
A PROPHET from December 2014
BLACK BUTLER from February 2015
NIKITA from March 2015
RUROUNI 2 from April 2015
RUROUNI 3 from August 2015
THE ORPHANAGE from November 2015
Being steelbooks all are obviously "Limited Editions" with some being one retailer exclusive and some even being "Ultra Limited" with listed 2,000 print runs.
Of course, the number of foreign language steelbooks with / without an English language audio option is miniscule out of the 800 plus U.K. steels released since May 2008 :)

to be fair most (zavvi) releases taking ages to sell out. dont think the foreign language is the main reason, especially if you look at the fact that other retailers shifting there non english dub steels very well like blufans, pa, nova, kimchi etc or even the former uk seller play (all 3 of there foreign steels battle royale, oldboy and the raid sold out quickly).

to be fair most (zavvi) releases taking ages to sell out. dont think the foreign language is the main reason, especially if you look at the fact that other retailers shifting there non english dub steels very well like blufans, pa, nova, kimchi etc or even the former uk seller play (all 3 of there foreign steels battle royale, oldboy and the raid sold out quickly).
To be as fair, maybe the titles you listed are considered "Cult" titles and therefore unsurprisingly sold out quickly and consequently not included on my list - BATTLE ROYALE for example probably has had about half-a-dozen Blu-ray releases from Arrow here in the U.K. including a massive and comprehensive digipack, and OLDBOY has already had two steelbook releases (Play 2012 & 2013). As for THE RAID 1 & 2 - have yet to watch either but by most accounts both as hard-hitting as the other two you noted.
Only watched a few from my list -THE ORPHANAGE, NIKITA and ZATOICHI - and love all three - can only assume that the reason they have not sold out is the foreign language bit . . .