Horror-Arrow-Limited Ed American Horror Project Vol. 1 (Blu-ray + DVD) (Arrow Video) [UK/USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
UK Release Date: 22nd February 2016
US Release Date: 23rd February 2016

Purchase Links UK:
Arrow Films
Price: £44.99

Amazon UK
Price: £59.99

Purchase Links USA:
Amazon USA
Price: $99.95

Diabolik DVD
Price: $59.99

12191516_1076892795678047_1352624423820757744_n (1).jpg

American Horror Project Vol 1 [The Witch Who Came From the Sea + Malatesta’s Carnival of Blood + The Premonition] (Arrow Video) Dual Format Limited Edition

Blu-ray/DVD Dual Format
UK Limited to 3,000
US Limited to 3,000

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new 2K restorations of the three features
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard DVD presentations
  • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Reversible sleeves for each film featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by the Twins of Evil
  • American Horror Project Journal Volume I – Limited Edition 60-page booklet featuring new articles on the films from Kim Newman (Nightmare Movies), Kier-La Janisse (House of Psychotic Women) and Brian Albright (Regional Horror Films, 1958-1990)
MALATESTA’S CARNIVAL OF BLOOD – SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new interview with director Christopher Speeth
  • Brand new interview with writer Werner Liepolt
  • Draft Script (BD/DVD-ROM content)
  • Production stills gallery
THE WITCH WHO CAME FROM THE SEA – SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• Audio commentary with director Matt Cimber, actress Millie Perkins and director of photography Dean Cundey
  • Brand new interview with director Matt Cimber
  • Brand new interview with Dean Cundey
  • Brand new interview with actor John Goff
THE PREMONITION – SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• Audio commentary with director-producer Robert Allen Schnitzer
  • Brand new interview with composer Henry Mollicone
  • Interview with actor Richard Lynch
  • Three Robert Allen Schnitzer short films: ‘Vernal Equinox’, ‘Terminal Point’ and ‘A Rumbling in the Land’
  • 4 “Peace Spots”
  • Trailers and TV Spots
PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

DETAILS:

RRP: £59.99 £44.99
Region: Free
Rating: 18
Cat No: FCD1207
Duration: 251 mins
Language: English
Subtitles: English SDH
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1/2.35:1
Audio: Mono
Discs: 6
Colour

Last edited:
GBP 44.99 also on Amazon ATM if you'd rather not have to pay straightaway and would prefer to wait until the release date in Feb 2016.

I can very much see the attraction of these limited edition thick cardboard boxsets as they are beautiful quality items but I personally can't justify the extra expense that is involved simply for the slipbox packaging and the book.
As we know from past history all of the films contained in these boxes will be released in the same clear white Amarays at some point in the future and priced @GBP 9.99 each or less.
If you take the two "Hellraiser 1 - 3" boxsets as examples - the Scarlet Box with a RRP of GBP 70 and a price that never dropped below GBP 50 (as far as I can remember) before going OOP can't be considered good VFM despite the bonus disc 4 - with no DVDs of the films either . . .
The re-release 'cheaper' set due for next year will just have the 3 Amarays in a less rigid box from what I can make out (again no DVDs) and that is priced @GBP 34.99 but this time I believe no book and no bonus disc and as a package much worse VFM than the Scarlet Box.
It goes without saying that I hope the release of these three films in two separate boxsets will not deny us these as standalones.
I personally wouldn't even pay that for the "Otto Preminger Collection" of three classic films from the 1940's.
Despite my feelings for the luxury sets I'm quite happy to purchase the limited edition mini sets (in the not so rigid slipboxes) where the films are presented in digibook style packaging - examples being "The Complete Dr. Phibes", "Nekromantik", "Stray Cat Rock Collection", "Withnail & I", "Nekromantik 2", "Koyaanisqatsi / Powaqqatsi", "Society", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2" because the packaging of the discs is slightly different to the norm and any standalone releases of these have been / will be in clear white Amarays.

12654262_1128306340536692_2127560210800029742_n.jpg

***AMERICAN HORROR PROJECT VOL ONE: FINAL SPECS***

Everyone knows the classic American horror titles: Night of the Living Dead, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and A Nightmare on Elm Street, to name but a few. But we want to tell you a different story: a story of the unsung heroes of stars-and-stripes terror, films that have remained on the fringes of the genre either through lack of availability or else sheer obscurity. This is where American Horror Project comes in.

Volume One of this series presents three tales of violence and madness from the 1970s. Malatesta’s Carnival of Blood (Christopher Speeth, 1973) sees a family arrive at a creepy, dilapidated fairground in search of their missing son, only to find themselves at the mercy of the cannibalistic ghouls lurking beneath the park. Meanwhile, The Witch Who Came from the Sea (Matt Cimber, 1976), stars Millie Perkins (The Diary of Anne Frank) as a young woman whose bizarre and violent fantasies start to bleed into reality – literally. Lastly, every parent’s worst nightmare comes true in The Premonition (Robert Allen Schnitzer, 1976), a tale of psychic terror in which five-year-old Janie is snatched away by a strange woman claiming to be her long-lost mother.

Newly remastered from the best surviving elements and contextualised with brand new supplementary material, American Horror Project proudly presents an alternative history of American horror and film heritage.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

- Brand new 2K restorations of the three features
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard DVD presentations
- Original Mono 1.0 audio (Uncompressed PCM on the Blu-rays)
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Reversible sleeves for each film featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by the Twins of Evil
- American Horror Project Journal Volume I – Limited edition 60-page booklet featuring new articles on the films from writers Stephen Thrower (Nightmare USA: The Untold Story of the Exploitation Independents), Kim Newman (Nightmare Movies), Kier-La Janisse (House of Psychotic Women) and Brian Albright (Regional Horror Films, 1958-1990: A State-by-State Guide with Interviews)

MALATESTA’S CARNIVAL OF BLOOD

- Introduction to the film by Stephen Thrower
- Audio Commentary by film historian Richard Harland Smith
- The Secrets of Malatesta – an interview with director Christopher Speeth
- Crimson Speak – an interview with writer Werner Liepolt
- Malatesta’s Underground – art directors Richard Stange and Alan Johnson discuss the weird, mysterious world of Malatesta’s underground
- Outtakes
- Draft script (BD/DVD-ROM content)
- Stills gallery

THE WITCH WHO CAME FROM THE SEA

- Audio commentary with director-producer Matt Cimber, actress Millie Perkins and director of photography Dean Cundey
- Tides and Nightmares – brand new making-of documentary featuring interviews with Cimber, Perkins, Cundey and actor John Goff
- A Maiden’s Voyage – archive featurette comprising interviews with Cimber, Perkins and Cundey
- Lost at Sea – director Cimber reflects on his notorious cult classic

THE PREMONITION

- Isolated score
- Audio commentary with director-producer Robert Allen Schnitzer
- Pictures from a Premonition – brand new making-of documentary featuring interviews with Schnitzer, composer Henry Mollicone and cinematographer Victor Milt
- Archive interviews with Robert Allen Schnitzer and star Richard Lynch
- Three Robert Allen Schnitzer short films: ‘Vernal Equinox’, ‘Terminal Point’ and ‘A Rumbling in the Land’
- 4 Peace Spots
- Trailers and TV Spots

***LIMITED EDITION UPDATE***

Time for another Limited Edition update! The latest figures are as follows:

American Horror Project (UK/US) – 60% sold out
Audition SteelBook – 70% sold out
Battles Without Honour and Humanity UK – 80% sold out
Battles Without Honor and Humanity US – 100% sold out
Blood and Black Lace SteelBook – 80% sold out
Blood Rage (UK/US) – 50% sold out
The Cult Cinema Companion (UK) - 85% sold out
Deep Red – 100% sold out. Standard edition now up for pre-order!
Edgar Allan Poe’s Black Cats (UK) – 90% sold out
Edgar Allan Poe’s Black Cats (US) – 100% sold out
The Jacques Rivette Collection - 65% sold out
The Kiju Yoshida Collection - 80% sold out
The Long Good Friday + Mona Lisa set - 90% sold out
Nekromantik 2 – 100% sold out. Standard edition coming in 2016!
The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection - 70% sold out
Stray Cat Rock (UK) - 100% sold out
Stray Cat Rock (US) – 50% sold out

The percentages above are a reflection of what’s in our warehouse. Retailers do have copies but once they run out there won’t be more! As always, if there is an item above that you are keen to pick up do try to act swiftly to avoid disappointment. If a particular release hasn't been included in this list it this means we still have healthy stock available. Happy collecting!