American Made (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 5, 2016
Wirral, UK
Release date: December 26, 2017
Purchase links: Blu-ray Edition - 4K Edition (LIVE)
Price: £21.99 (BD) - £29.99 (4k)
Notes: Standard blu-ray limited to 1000 Units - 4K UHD limited to 500 Units (SOLD OUT)

11538182-1234530702900330.jpg

11538182-1424530703118442.jpg
11538182-2014510732100262.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Brett_S and Stygian
4k selling out quicker than the standard,, worrying times me thinks,
if this is a sign of the future i will be pulling out, as not willing to pay 30 rubs for your average release,:(

Hurts doesn't it when you look you look at what HMV have put out recently.
Yep, it's ridiculous! I really don't buy the whole "the distributor/studio/Joe Bloggs decides the prices" either... they may do to some extent, but this is a Universal release and so is HMV's Atomic Blonde steelbook, and that's only £18... so the difference in pricing speaks for itself really.

• Thanks
Reactions: marcnotrust
Yep, it's ridiculous! I really don't buy the whole "the distributor/studio/Joe Bloggs decides the prices" either... they may do to some extent, but this is a Universal release and so is HMV's Atomic Blonde steelbook, and that's only £18... so the difference in pricing speaks for itself really.
@Noodles something stinks about this pricing structure with @zavvi ......I now buy most of my steels from elsewhere these days.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
but does show 4k is on the rise in a big way, and am hoping companies wont be swayed into just releasing 4k steelbooks in the future,
to me standard bluray pic is plenty good enough, and 20-25 for a release is plenty high enough,
Don't kid yourself. 4K is still a niche within a niche.
It has largely plateaued.

I didn't realise the 4K came with the standard blu-ray. However the main reason was whether I could justify the extra for 4K, but if it comes with both, might be worth it

Most 4K releases, steelbook and regular amaray, will come with the regular blu-ray as well.

The only time that I have seen different is when the 4K comes with a 3D blu-ray instead.

And then sometimes you get what right now are basically world exclusive steelbooks which include
4K+3D+2D discs.

Like Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 at Best Buy in North America and Spider-Man Homecoming at HMV in the UK.

Reactions: JayWhit