American Made (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 5, 2016
Wirral, UK
Release date: December 26, 2017
Purchase links: Blu-ray Edition - 4K Edition (LIVE)
Price: £21.99 (BD) - £29.99 (4k)
Notes: Standard blu-ray limited to 1000 Units - 4K UHD limited to 500 Units (SOLD OUT)

11538182-1234530702900330.jpg

11538182-1424530703118442.jpg
11538182-2014510732100262.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Brett_S and Stygian
Wow that is terrible.
The mock up was pretty good but the decision to basically chop a chunk of the image off, leaving a bit of the bag showing is dreadful art editing.

Save the wrath for those that don't, they are 100% the reason this format edition is now seeing cheap art and finishes

Must have been too many things taking the focus away from Tom Cruise.
"no title", "no full picture of the money bag" "Me on the cover is all any steelbook needs from now on. Including movies I'm not even in"

Last edited:
Must of been too many things taking the focus away from Tom Cruise.
"no title", "no full picture of the money bag" "Me on the cover is all any steelbook needs from now on. Including movies I'm not even in"
1) yes he is the draw of any movie he is in
2) most starring actor's contracts specify art requirement (and billing) on posters. (Not necessarily home video)
But, I think you are drawing conclusions from thin air (and you have more than a whiff of Tom Cruise hatred).
Also, his name is NOT on the steelbook (would this not be a requirement if your charge of ego-driven art were true?)
Plus - there are other covers where he is not the focus of the art.
IMG_6033.JPG
That art is clearly Mummy-centric. You only notice the actor second to the mummy image.
I think this bad AM cover has nothing to do with Cruise, rather more to do with sh*tty art directors at the studio.

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW
2) most starring actor's contracts specify art requirement (and billing) on posters. (Not necessarily home video)
But, I think you are drawing conclusions from thin air (and you have more than a whiff of Tom Cruise hatred).
Also, his name is NOT on the steelbook (would this not be a requirement if your charge of ego-driven art were true?)
View attachment 343810
That art is clearly Mummy-centric. You only notice the actor second to the mummy image.
I think this bad AM cover has nothing to do with Cruise, rather more to do with sh*tty art directors at the studio.

Yeah I agree with all that. I don't really see why there's so much anger towards TC as I really can't see him demanding that there should be no titles anywhere on a steelbook of one of his films - it's a completely separate issue to whether his image must appear on all film related merchandise.

The studios are to blame for being too lazy and cheap too reprint different versions for different territories and languages - same as every time this happens. Well them and the retailers that keep allowing them to get away with it by signing up for every crappy edition they produce for fear of missing out on a piece of the steelbook pie.

• Thanks
Reactions: Brett_S and C.C. 95
View attachment 343810

I was kidding. It was my way of adding nothing relevant to to the "Edge Of Tomorrow" premium cancellation that focused on Emily Blunt. I'm not a Tom Cruise hater. :)

Reactions: C.C. 95
I was kidding. It was my way of adding nothing relevant to to the "Edge Of Tomorrow" premium cancellation that focused on Emily Blunt. I'm not a Tom Cruise hater. :)
Ah. You crossed the streams.:LOL: I wasn't following the hoopla over on that thread.
Lotsa TC bashing, huh?:rolleyes: Do they not know that he "gives 110%"?! That he "never phones it in"?!:hilarious:
Shame about the Manta.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Ah. You crossed the streams.:LOL: I wasn't following the hoopla over on that thread.
Lotsa TC bashing, huh?:rolleyes: Do they not know that he "gives 110%"?! That he "never phones it in"?!:hilarious:
Shame about the Manta.

:LOL: to the above.

Yeah that edition with Emily on the front by herself was beautiful. Now she is barely visible behind Tom Cruise.

And in this day of high ticket prices, 3D and all that stuff it is really surprising to me that films like Edge Of Tomorrow, Oblivion and the Jack Reacher films can't cross the $100 million mark in the US during an entire run anymore.

:LOL: to the above.

Yeah that edition with Emily on the front by herself was beautiful. Now she is barely visible behind Tom Cruise.

And in this day of high ticket prices, 3D and all that stuff it is really surprising to me that films like Edge Of Tomorrow, Oblivion and the Jack Reacher films can't cross the $100 million mark in the US during an entire run anymore.
Entire runs are now 2 weeks max. It used to be 2-3 months. There used to be films that had the time to find the audience (or the audience find the film).
Many classic films from the 80's would not become blockbusters until 3 weeks in.
Too much product, and not enough time to let people find the other films.
Plus we are in a cycle where they are selling "Brands" (DC, Marvel, Star Wars) - so movies are Brand-driven instead of Star/Actor/Director driven.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian