American Made (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 5, 2016
Wirral, UK
Release date: December 26, 2017
Purchase links: Blu-ray Edition - 4K Edition (LIVE)
Price: £21.99 (BD) - £29.99 (4k)
Notes: Standard blu-ray limited to 1000 Units - 4K UHD limited to 500 Units (SOLD OUT)

11538182-1234530702900330.jpg

11538182-1424530703118442.jpg
11538182-2014510732100262.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Brett_S and Stygian
Would have purchased this and atomic blonde but due to the constant lack of title and atomic s appalling artwork it's a no go for me

Same here. The only bright side is that I've saved so much money by not buying poor UK and WWA steelbooks this year - that I can then put towards far superior Asian and FAC releases.

Total number of steels I own without title spine = 0
Total number of steels I will EVER own without title spine = 0

Reactions: bluray hunter
As a person who has seen the film ....... can anyone explain the design on this? My only guess is is not what you see in the red and more so the white, ie. supposed to be coke lines?

As a person who has seen the film ....... can anyone explain the design on this? My only guess is is not what you see in the red and more so the white, ie. supposed to be coke lines?

I haven't seen the movie but I'm guessing coke lines in the american flag.

Similar to this image for a steelbook with "American" as the first word in the title like so many before.
I don't know if coke plays a role in this. Haven't seen this one either.

192631_front-jpg.345254

Last edited:
Um.....should that not be expected anyway??!! :p
not all 4K discs would always look better than blu-rays, actually a lot of titles are worse than blu-rays... there're a lot of factors, mostly about the sources, you can film the movie and end up with 4K sources but studios always did VFX in 2K (cause it's cheaper) so the disc may ended up in 2Ki ... my point is it's just (mostly) hit or miss (for now) for 4K...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: BluSteel2012
not all 4K discs would always look better than blu-rays, actually a lot of titles are worse than blu-rays... there're a lot of factors, mostly about the sources, you can film the movie and end up with 4K sources but studios always did VFX in 2K (cause it's cheaper) so the disc may ended up in 2Ki ... my point is it's just (mostly) hit or miss (for now) for 4K...
Wow! Never knew that.

Not owning a 4K TV myself, I just assumed it was meant to be the next step in PQ. Especially after splashing out on expensive high-end kit to play it on!

I guess it's like lazy studios not properly mastering Blu Rays in the early days. Some were only marginally better than their DVD counterpart.........

Reactions: goufcustom

Well then I hope that 4K Blade Runner 2049 disc you're eager to watch turns out great! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
I find things a little worrying that we now have to resort to buying custom spines when these used to become as standard on a Steelbook
many premium retailers include them now as a bonus. you aren't "buying" them technically as they are normally even called a gift

But yes if you want you can buy from individuals who make them as well