American Psycho (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Release date: 26th of October, 2015
Purchase link: American Psycho (Live Sat Oct 17, 18:00 UK time)
Price: £15.99
Ultra-limited print run

11037429-2084332714397968.JPG

11037429-2084332714406305.JPG 11037429-1004332714411747.JPG 11037429-2704332714417192.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This could have been great. I really wanted to update my DVD to something good. I'm surprised by the reason behind this though.

@psychoscot
The symbol is simular but might be a different company but if you search entertainment in video that all comes up

Yeah thats who I came across earlier. Would they be the people though being only distributors to approve art etc, or would it be the films actual production company which I think was Lionsgate in the US that Zavvi would have gone to?

Yeah thats who I came across earlier. Would they be the people though being only distributors to approve art etc, or would it be the films actual production company which I think was Lionsgate in the US that Zavvi would have gone to?

I really have no idea there mate.

If I were to guess then the distributors but then lionsgate might have a massive play on that lol sorry

Reactions: psychoscot
I call bs on 'that other site' in stating its Zavvi's reluctance to take the steelbook as it is- Since when has Zavvi ever been about customer satisfaction??

Think some of us remember the monstrosity that was the Buried steelbook; Honestly think Zavvi will release anything given to them- if they can see £'s to be made by it, then to hell with anything else.

Reactions: Flash
I call bs on 'that other site' in stating its Zavvi's reluctance to take the steelbook as it is- Since when has Zavvi ever been about customer satisfaction??

Think some of us remember the monstrosity that was the Buried steelbook; Honestly think Zavvi will release anything given to them- if they can see £'s to be made by it, then to hell with anything else.

I agree, the quality control on the V for vendetta steel books was awful soooooo many were damaged :(

As for artwork care? Lol

Zavvi would approve a blank case if they could sell it

Reactions: Andycadle84
That's a shame, but I completely understand their decision. There's been a lot of discussion on the poster art for this film on these very forums, so it wouldn't surprise me if they've been reading and took all the feedback on board... obviously if that's the case, then chances are it was artwork that the majority of us said we didn't like. Still, it would've been nice if they'd at least let us vote on whether we liked the final art or not. I'm pretty certain this will get a steelbook release sooner or later though... Kimchi, I'm looking at you! ;)

Reactions: Flloydo
I really really don't believe for a second that Zavvi care about the artwork or quality, they are churning out stuff constantly.

Something strange has happened here...

Last edited:
That's a shame, but I completely understand their decision. There's been a lot of discussion on the poster art for this film on these very forums, so it wouldn't surprise me if they've been reading and took all the feedback on board... obviously if that's the case, then chances are it was artwork that the majority of us said we didn't like. Still, it would've been nice if they'd at least let us vote on whether we liked the final art or not. I'm pretty certain this will get a steelbook release sooner or later though... Kimchi, I'm looking at you! ;)

They definately should of put it to vote

Reactions: Noodles
I really really don't believe for a second that Zavvi give a flying **** about the artwork or quality, they are churning out **** constantly.

Something strange has happened here...
It would've been the studio's (EiV) decision to pull it, not Zavvi's. If they know something won't be liked, then there's a good chance it won't sell well, and obviously they want to make a profit. I'd rather they got it right and gave us a quality steelbook, which is something we don't see a lot of now from Zavvi (I'm not actually blaming Zavvi, but the studios who don't put in the effort).

It would've been the studio's (EiV) decision to pull it, not Zavvi's. If they know something won't be liked, then there's a good chance it won't sell well, and obviously they want to make a profit. I'd rather they got it right and gave us a quality steelbook, which is something we don't see a lot of now from Zavvi (I'm not actually blaming Zavvi, but the studios who don't put in the effort).

To be honest I'm sorry but I can't believe the studio care either they are churning out old films everyone owns in new steel boxes and we all (myself included) pay 'top dollar' for them pretty much no matter what. It seems very odd I would guess it's some licensing thing or something I really really don't think they care, it doesn't cost them that much to produce them and then they charge a lot for them and plenty of terrible films have had steel releases and waste away in hmv even at £5.99 not selling.

Of all the catalogue releases coming out this is the one to get the axe. Gutted. This, The Crow & Dredd were the only ones I really wanted so far.

I know I mean blue valentine?? Yet this one gets canned honestly gutted and was so looking forward to the awesome artwork :(

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
To be honest I'm sorry but I can't believe the studio care either they are churning out old films everyone owns in new steel boxes and we all (myself included) pay 'top dollar' for them pretty much no matter what. It seems very odd I would guess it's some licensing thing or something I really really don't think they care, it doesn't cost them that much to produce them and then they charge a lot for them and plenty of terrible films have had steel releases and waste away in hmv even at £5.99 not selling.
I agree... it does seem kind of odd that they'd just flat out cancel this. Maybe we're all jumping the gun a bit though... word of the cancellation hasn't come from anyone official, so I guess we should really just wait and see, and keep our fingers crossed in the mean time! :)

Reactions: Flash
I REALLY hope Kimchi are reading this! Small print run of 2000 half quarter slip half full slip, nice gloss finish with reasonable art on the steel and the uncut version of the film on the disc and this would sell out Marvel style EASILY!

Reactions: Thelite13
I agree... it does seem kind of odd that they'd just flat out cancel this. Maybe we're all jumping the gun a bit though... word of the cancellation hasn't come from anyone official, so I guess we should really just wait and see, and keep our fingers crossed in the mean time! :)

Me 2 I am still hopeful, as I love this and was so excited for it's release. I love Christian bale in this.

It is still on the zavvi website :(

Reactions: Noodles