American Psycho (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Release date: 26th of October, 2015
Purchase link: American Psycho (Live Sat Oct 17, 18:00 UK time)
Price: £15.99
Ultra-limited print run

11037429-2084332714397968.JPG

11037429-2084332714406305.JPG 11037429-1004332714411747.JPG 11037429-2704332714417192.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read on a different site that following the return of distribution rights to Lionsgate, Zavvi are now moving forward with this release.
They were originally looking for a March release, but plans were scrapped due to the original distributors poor choice of artwork.
But now it looks like Lionsgate can put together a "much better" release.
New release date is expected around September.

...like that ever have stopped zavvi releasing a steelbook before...

:naughty:
:rofl:

I just read on a different site that following the return of distribution rights to Lionsgate, Zavvi are now moving forward with this release.
They were originally looking for a March release, but plans were scrapped due to the original distributors poor choice of artwork.

...like that ever have stopped zavvi releasing a steelbook before...

:naughty:
:rofl:

I think it was more to do with EiV using an interlaced tranfer for their recent Blu-ray release.

If this means that we now get a new 1080p (progressive) transfer then that can only be good news.

....and they need an additional 5 months to put this toghether?! I wish they would use that time to make this one special with maybe a full slip or something

The Lionsgate gate release from the US was piss poor in all honesty. BD25 with medicocre picture quality and lossy DTS-Hi Res 6.1 audio (not DTS-Master Audio)

The Sony release from Europe and Australia was much better AV wise (BD50 with improved picture and Dolby TrueHD 5.1 audio). I had both Blu-rays in my collection and compared

• Informative
Reactions: augustus
So with the possibility of this still happening i took the liberty of gathering all the Designs on the Custom Steelbook thread (Hope i didnt leave any behind) to give us an idea of how this could look:

Lonberg's Design:
STANDFRONT_zps98d3106c.jpg

STANDBACK_zpscaf87fd1.jpg

Zesty's Design:
1f2_21ce99_8eb8747_oJ.jpg.thumb

Bern's Designs:
americanpsychoberns2.jpg
americanpsychoberns3.jpg

American_Psycho_Berns_Presentation1.jpg

American_Psycho_Berns_Presentation2.jpg

If I had to pick which to, get, I like the last two designs