kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
From IMDB:
Directed by: Clint Eastwood
Cast: Bradley Cooper, Sienna Miller
From director Clint Eastwood comes “American Sniper,” starring Bradley Cooper as Chris Kyle, the most lethalsniper in U.S. military history. But there was much more to him than his skill as a sharpshooter. U.S. Navy SEAL Chris Kyle is sent to Iraq with only one mission: to protect his brothers-in-arms. His pinpoint accuracy saves countless lives on the battlefield and, as stories of his courageous exploits spread, he earns the nickname “Legend.” However, his reputation is also growing behind enemy lines, putting a price on his head and making him a prime target of insurgents. He is also facing a different kind of battle on the home front: striving to be a goodhusband and father from halfway around the world. Despite the danger, as well as the toll on his family at home, Chris serves through four harrowing tours of duty in Iraq, personifying the SEAL creed to “leave no man behind.” But upon returning to his wife, Taya Renae Kyle (Sienna Miller), and kids, Chris finds that it is the war he can’t leave behind.

Trailer:

American-Sniper-Poster1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Drum18
I seriously can't wait to see this! I love films revolving around snipers. Enemy at the Gates is one of my favourite war films of all time.

I seriously can't wait to see this! I love films revolving around snipers. Enemy at the Gates is one of my favourite war films of all time.

i love sniper films as well ... and EatG should get worthy blu-ray. but I'm very cautious these films w/ 'American' and flags flying. Patriotism is good but it should be not over done ....

and fan of Clint, just yesterday ordered Pale Rider and High Plains Drifter blu's.

Saw this last night and am surprised how much I liked it. Bradley Cooper nailed his performance as Chris Kyle and I thought Clint showed great restraint in keeping the storyline simple and moving at the right pace. It is not about American patriotism but about one man's struggle to do the right thing in all circumstances. Where possible, watch this in a theater with Dolby Atmos, some of the best sound effects and mixes I have heard in a long time.

Last edited:
I'm watching this sometime this week (FINALLY), but this film is sure receiving a lot of slack over the fake baby scene right now. Honestly, that baby looks really fake, but the screenwriter of the film has said that the first baby they hired became ill and the second one never showed up, so Clint had to resource to using a fake baby.

Reactions: vurt
Yup that fake baby was really distracting, my wife kept referring to it, couldn't they just keep it out of shot slightly, it was so obviously a doll. ;)