Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 24, 2016
Purchase link: Ant-Man
Price: £24.99
Note: Title will be on spine.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping this comes back on stock had to cancel mine due to lack of funds earlier this week, guessing it could be Tuesday when a certain Doctor makes his Cinema debut (Zavvi Steelbook for that as well no doubt)

Huge step up from the previous marvel lenti wave but still not perfect. As mentioned previously the lenti could be better but still has decent colour and a bit of depth - better than some of the others, double logo (but I have a way of fixing that) and overlap of the art at the bottom which isn't as bad in hand

image.jpeg

You can push the lenti up to hide the double logo and it lines up with the bottom, yeah looks a little odd but it completes the image with the lenti on
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Pics of Nova WWA lenti version, blu fans lenti version, zavvi lenti magnet version and Uk 3D slip together
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

With the King arts mini figures and ant man Cosbaby

image.jpeg

I really like that all 3 steels are completely different inside and out

Last edited:
Huge step up from the previous marvel lenti wave but still not perfect. As mentioned previously the lenti could be better but still has decent colour and a bit of depth - better than some of the others, double logo (but I have a way of fixing that) and overlap of the art at the bottom which isn't as bad in hand

View attachment 272601

You can push the lenti up to hide the double logo and it lines up with the bottom, yeah looks a little odd but it completes the image with the lenti on
View attachment 272602

View attachment 272603

View attachment 272604

Pics of Nova WWA lenti version, blu fans lenti version, zavvi lenti magnet version and Uk 3D slip together
View attachment 272605

View attachment 272606

View attachment 272607

View attachment 272608

View attachment 272609

View attachment 272610

awesome display!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Your right.:thumbs:
:whistle::whistle:If only they could forgot the lenticular and :naughty::naughty::naughty:concentrate to have it with a gloss finish,:angel::cool: it will have turn to be the best steel for that film :OMG:and maybe of this year.:wow::wow:

As I said yesterday: If zavvi's suppliers cant supply steelbooks with quality lentis, dont do them at all :facepalm:. ....instead give us full gloss finishing with embossing or debossing instead. Not only will thier re-release wave look a million times better, they will also be cheaper to produce i think....

....Get rid of the dumb cheapass lentis and give us Gloss + emboss! :grumpy:

View attachment 272601

View attachment 272602

View attachment 272603

View attachment 272604

View attachment 272605

View attachment 272606

View attachment 272607

View attachment 272608

View attachment 272609

View attachment 272610

Them lined up together shows how poor the WWA is. Pales in comparison to the other two.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
awesome display!
@Flloydo

Awesome display mate. Like that icing on top of the SSD cake lol. :)

Thank you kind sirs

Them lined up together shows how poor the WWA is. Pales in comparison to the other two.

I really liked the WWA but putting them all side by side makes the SSD steel look sooooo bad lol (but the inside is better than the blu fans inside)

But still it's ant man and marvel so I'll keep it!

Just imagine the backart on the front, glossed with bossing... would have been absolutely amazing. But nopes..

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T
As I said yesterday: If zavvi's suppliers cant supply steelbooks with quality lentis, dont do them at all :facepalm:. ....instead give us full gloss finishing with embossing or debossing instead. Not only will thier re-release wave look a million times better, they will also be cheaper to produce i think....

....Get rid of the dumb cheapass lentis and give us Gloss + emboss! :grumpy:

I actually think the lenti on this is as good as most of what I have seen from premium retailer's. At least they are trying something new as opposed to a bog standard re-release.

When are they going to learn. If the lenti is going to slot in the middle it can't be a pic of the whole front.
If they are going to do that then they need to do what was done with the Hulk steel's full lenti's.
It just looks like they can't be arsed, no consistency at all with the (Walt Disney) Marvel releases, only the Iron Man ones have really been any good.