Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: June 24, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

AntMan SB.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much to say (yay) about this steelbook … except that the red looks good thanks to the glossy coat, nice shiny silver spine with similar metallic reflections to the print/logo on the back as well as to the outline of the shape on the front.

Title and "MARVEL STUDIOS" is (unsurprisingly) de-bossed (like the others).

Inside artwork and colour both reversed = an interesting idea.

Pics courtesy Steelbookpro:-
upload_2018-6-25_2-11-37.png
upload_2018-6-25_2-14-40.png
upload_2018-6-25_2-19-43.png
upload_2018-6-25_2-24-27.png
upload_2018-6-25_2-26-30.png

3 of the others in the same "stick men" style … and correct me if I'm wrong but these aren't glossy like ANT-MAN:-
Marvel-steelbook-Bestbuy.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly why I didn't bother with these. I could never see the entire MCU line having these matching designs, and then continuing them too.
One could argue that from Iron Man to Endgame they could do them then stop but even that is a lot and I had a feeling with how random the film choices were we weren't going to see the rest come along. Maybe a couple more will come, maybe not, but one of my pet peeves of collecting is when matching designs do not continue.
Clearly these steels are nice. They are neat, simplistic and clean but unfortuntely the ball gets dropped time and time again when it comes to a 'full' matching range.
If these designs were brought out for all three Iron Man films or all three Cap films then I've got my reason to buy. It's a complete match within a wider collection but no, they just can't do it can they.
One could also argue that none of your mcu collection really matches against each other in the grand scale of things but at least the 'sets' we buy feel complete and an individual release is not part of a matching set.
Maybe it's too OCD, maybe not. It's just my personal peference and one of my very few hates collecting steels.