Anyone buy from Blu-steels.com?

Jul 2, 2015
Florida, USA
Hello everyone!

So on 07/04/2015, I purchased some goods from blu-steels.com. My payment was processed and went through the same day and I received an email saying such on 07/04. Since then, I've received nothing from them...No notification of shipment...No tracking...etc.

I sent the site a message through their contact us page...But all I get in return is an email...In German...And when translated, it doesn't even answer my question. The message I send asks for an update on my order and whether it's shipped or not...And they respond with this (This is translated from German in google translate...So it may not be 100% accurate):

Hi Jeff.

You have shopped with me (blu-steels.com) on 07.04.2015. Regardless of how you judge me as a trader, I would ask you to evaluate the products ordered. The review takes only a few moments and will help other customers in their purchasing decision.

Your Order:
Steelbook Protective Gloves with Micro Burling
25 Steel Shell Protective Slipcover
Wall Rack for Steel Books and Editions incl. Assembly set
Steelbook stand made from plastic - small

Just click on the following link to vote:

https://foxrate.de/p/blmjlc

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Your team of blu-steels.com

blu_steels
Busch Burg 42
42389 Wuppertal
Germany

So...I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    259.6 KB · Views: 212
Last edited by a moderator:
i have ordered a few times and always tell myself, never again!
it takes forever to get product from him, usually up to a month!
we did a few group buys on the other site, and there are always issues...
i ordered from his site direct and my order never showed... i had to open a paypal case against him to get my money back...
i ordered from his ebay store before as well, but i think he took that down...

i really like his shells, but his customer service is awful and shipping is very slow...
send him another e-mail asking for your tracking info, if he doesnt provide it, open up a paypal case... at least get your money back...

Maybe the some of the Germany guys might be able to help?

Anyways, some contact details freely available if you need it...

Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Kai Hoppe
Admin Organization: Blu-Steels
Admin Street: Buschenburg 42
Admin City: Wuppertal
Admin State/Province:
Admin Postal Code: 42389
Admin Country: DE
Admin Phone: +49.1729103434

Maybe the some of the Germany guys might be able to help?

Anyways, some contact details freely available if you need it...

Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Kai Hoppe
Admin Organization: Blu-Steels
Admin Street: Buschenburg 42
Admin City: Wuppertal
Admin State/Province:
Admin Postal Code: 42389
Admin Country: DE
Admin Phone: +49.1729103434

That guy "Kai Hoppe" is the one who has been sending me the emails that are in German. They both basically said the same thing in the one I quoted in OP. :censored:

I really don't want to dispute it on paypal yet...As I'd really like to get these items. Is there a time limit on how long I have before I can't dispute it anymore?

Hello everyone!

So on 07/04/2015, I purchased some goods from blu-steels.com. My payment was processed and went through the same day and I received an email saying such on 07/04. Since then, I've received nothing from them...No notification of shipment...No tracking...etc.

I sent the site a message through their contact us page...But all I get in return is an email...In German...And when translated, it doesn't even answer my question. The message I send asks for an update on my order and whether it's shipped or not...And they respond with this (This is translated from German in google translate...So it may not be 100% accurate):

So...I'm not sure what to do at this point.

This could have something to do with the delay https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/union-strike-at-german-post-dhl.67024/ .

Took 5 weeks for an German Ebay steel to get to me . Although I think it's over if it was somewhere in that lot .

• Informative
Reactions: Jcoe0723
This could have something to do with the delay https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/union-strike-at-german-post-dhl.67024/ .

Took 5 weeks for an German Ebay steel to get to me . Although I think it's over if it was somewhere in that lot .

Ah...Didn't know about any strike. With that thread being posted on June 25th...I guess it's a good guess to say my July 4th order could be among that chaos.

Guess I'll just have to wait a little longer and see what happens.

@Jcoe0723
The email you received is an automatic one (it's from a reviews site) - I bought something from them back in June 2014, took a day to ship (I got an email when dispatched) and around 9 days after that to arrive to the UK, I imagine it'll therefore take longer to arrive in the US.

Weird that you haven't received a shipping notification though, the email HUBMUSWELL provided is the one I have too.

Last edited:
@Jcoe0723
The email you received is an automatic one (it's from a reviews site) - I bought something from them back in June 2014, took a day to ship (I got an email when dispatched) and around 9 days after that to arrive to the UK, I imagine it'll therefore take longer to arrive in the US.

Weird that you haven't received a shipping notification though, the email HUBMUSWELL provided is the one I have too.

Ah, I guess that would make sense that it's an automatic email. But the original email I sent asking about whether the order has shipped or not was back on 07/12 and I never got a response back for that one (Besides the automated one).

I just really get stressed out in these types of situations. :censored:

Ah...Didn't know about any strike. With that thread being posted on June 25th...I guess it's a good guess to say my July 4th order could be among that chaos.

Guess I'll just have to wait a little longer and see what happens.
@Jcoe0723
Last year Paypal extended buyer disputes from 45 days to 180 days. Here is the wording from last year's email from PayPal:

From 17th June 2014, buyers are getting increased protection; we're extending the dispute claim window from 45 days to 180 days after payment date."

Finally got a legitimate response back from blu-steel today.

Dear Mr ***,

we regret to inform you that your order with order-ID **** from 04.07.2015 will delay a bit.

Reason for this delay are problems in material quality from my distributor. The sheet of PET-GAG material was full of tiny and thin scratches. Here a preview of distributor email to me:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Email Preview
Sehr geehrter Herr Hoppe,

ich beziehe mich auf Ihre Bestellung der:

Klarsicht-Halb-Faltschachtel
Material: GAG-PET 250 my
Druck: ohne

Unfortunately, I have no good news for the moment. We had to block for quality reasons the delivered raw material (250 μ PE foil). The film looks at first, as usual, really good, but when we go into the processing, in this case, first punching, formed with minimal stress on the material already extreme sratches.

These extend across the entire sheet, that is well over the entire carton. We complained about the material immediately at our suppliers.

Until Monday (7/20/2015) I get feedback, to when we can expect flawless replacement goods or of delivery.

I beg your pardon for this inconvenience and delay, but our aim is to supply you with an impeccable quality.

That would not be given in this case. As soon as I have information from the suppliers, I sign immediately back to you!

(translated with google translator)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

New estimated delivery date Aug. 07 2015.

You have the opportunity to cancel your order at any time. You will get refund immediately.

A refund will be made to the whole order if there are more than one position.

We please you to wait a few more days. For the waiting period i grant you a special discout for yourr next order.

We ask for your understanding and apologize for the inconvenience you resulting.

For further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

So it seems they had a problem with a distributor, which is what was causing the hold up.