Anyone Using Nice Headphones?

May 14, 2009
Richmond, VA
So the girl and I moved in together right after thanksgiving and ever since then, our neighbor has been a total TURD. We live in a townhouse and purposely got an end unit so we would only have 1 neighbor, well it turns out that he is one of the worst anyone can have :( He's filed a noise complaint without ever even talking to us so I nicely apologized and he still beats on teh wall, etc, etc... In short, my $1k SVS sub is now a giant corner ornament :( :( :( :( :( :(

So I moved towards some nice headphones, both so that I dont piss my asshole neighbor off and so that I dont bother my GF when I'm watching or gaming late at night. I was pretty against the idea at first thinking they would be uncomfortable or not sound as good as my home theater - I was so wrong.

I just picked up these cans: The Sennheiser HD 598
1000x500px-LL-7294b321_HD_598.jpg

They look great (the brown is actually gloss burlwood) and they sound even better. When connected to my Onkyo, they sound great, its got a decent headphone jack and can drive them nicely. They also sounded pretty darn good on my stock computer sound card, but they didnt get all that loud so I went ahead and got a headphone amp for the computer as well, the nuForce iCon uDAC2. These things just sound amazing, I'm completely in love with them :drool:

Anyone else here rocking some nice cans or have a headphone/ amp setup? If you've never heard one, it might be worth your time to check it out, I'm really glad I did!

I've got two pair that I really like. I've got a pair of Shure E2 earbuds that I picked up when I was working for a music store. I've also got a pair of Sennheiser that are like yours but grey and silver. They aren't anything amazing, but they are a good low to mid range pair of headphones that I got from Best Buy.

Attachments

• shuree22.jpg
    shuree22.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 130
I used to have a pair of Shure E2C's that I was just not that crazy about. They fit really well but didnt sound all that great to me. Do you know what model your sennheisers are?

file a noise complaint on him!

Also, ever think about using some soundproof strips? They can be bought online or at Guitar Center etc.

I still got some good headphones from back when I used to run my recording studio.

Ive thought about it, lol... who knows what he might do next, I think he's little crazy...

The headphones are working out much better than I thought. I dont use them all the time for gaming, but I really dont mind putting them on at night or to crank it up. How do those strips work? We are renting so I dont want to do anything that is semi-permanent to the walls.

I wanted to buy some headphones but haven't gotten around to it. I am probably going to buy one of those Asus sound cards that come with the nice pair of technicas :p.

Well imo Sennheiser are the best (unless you can afford real top end quality). Mine are a few years old now and don't think they're still available, Sennheiser PXC 350 but fold flat, have a hard case and noise-cancelling as well. Think the PXC 450's are still available and they're a 5-star choice in most reviews. I'll try and find some links.

I'm not really a big fan of headphones, somehow to me there's always something missing in the experience, compared to a speaker setup. Though, when headphones are the only option, I use AKG K701, and I can't say I have any complaints.

I'm a big fan of headphones and got few, for DJing I use either Sennheiser HD-25 II or Pioneer 2000, at home I use my AKG Studio or Beats by Dr. Pro Studio HD, on the go I use Shure SE530PTH Sound Isolating Earphones :)

So the girl and I moved in together right after thanksgiving and ever since then, our neighbor has been a total TURD. We live in a townhouse and purposely got an end unit so we would only have 1 neighbor, well it turns out that he is one of the worst anyone can have :( He's filed a noise complaint without ever even talking to us so I nicely apologized and he still beats on teh wall, etc, etc... In short, my $1k SVS sub is now a giant corner ornament :( :( :( :( :( :(

So I moved towards some nice headphones, both so that I dont piss my asshole neighbor off and so that I dont bother my GF when I'm watching or gaming late at night. I was pretty against the idea at first thinking they would be uncomfortable or not sound as good as my home theater - I was so wrong.

I just picked up these cans: The Sennheiser HD 598
1000x500px-LL-7294b321_HD_598.jpg

They look great (the brown is actually gloss burlwood) and they sound even better. When connected to my Onkyo, they sound great, its got a decent headphone jack and can drive them nicely. They also sounded pretty darn good on my stock computer sound card, but they didnt get all that loud so I went ahead and got a headphone amp for the computer as well, the nuForce iCon uDAC2. These things just sound amazing, I'm completely in love with them :drool:

Anyone else here rocking some nice cans or have a headphone/ amp setup? If you've never heard one, it might be worth your time to check it out, I'm really glad I did!

Yep, those are the ones I have too. They sound amazing. I've had a lot of different brands and these by far sound the best.

all I use are in ear buds but the Sennheisers I use are amazing, technically they don't claim to be noise cancelling but literally at half level people need to tap me on th shoulder at work when I have them in or you won't get a response from me

And the sound quality is amazing too