Apocalypse Now (Blu-Ray Steelcase) [Australia]

got mine today :D very fast shipping from EZY ...
packaging was a bit scary ... just a single bubble wrap ... but is was mint :D

Mine shipped the same way from JB Hifi. :eek:

Last time they shipped it in a box with extra padding. I'm a bit nervous about next time - although it arrived OK on this shipment... :ohno:

Apocalypse Now Steelcase Austrila version Region B locked

Hello,

Do the Apocalypse Now Steelcase Austrila version Region B locked?
Could it play on the region A Bluray player?

i hope this is correct?! ... the disc from the steelcase release only says REGION B

lcpoiq3g.jpg

from Olorin (bluray-disc.de)

are you sure as the italian steelbook is locked & its distributed from studio canal same as the australian steelcase i think its region b locked

are you sure as the italian steelbook is locked & its distributed from studio canal same as the australian steelcase i think its region b locked

That is not correct. The disc in the italian steelbook is shown as A/B.

Depending on studio and other situations, the region on any release can vary from locale to locale. Just because one release states that it's locked (or not) does not always mean another release will follow suit - especially if there is another distributor, like Studio Canal involved.

You can read more about the italian release @ www.hidefninja.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9979

Stranger things have happened, but typically ... when a disc is of the same studio, and the 2 Countries are both from the same region than the discs region coding will stay the same.

However, I've ran into WB discs from same Country where one is locked and another is not. So yeah, unless tested, stranger things have happened.

Bit on this for $25 AUD + $9 shipping to US. Seemed reasonable, I asked for a little extra packing TLC for the long journey. Wonder how long it will take!

I'd like to get this (the steelbook too), but I couldn't give up the 3 disc UK version and all the things that come with it. And having multiple copies of one title is the one crazy path I've avoided going down.

...And having multiple copies of one title is the one crazy path I've avoided going down.

Uh...so you're saying I'm crazy, then? :p

Actually, I got such a good deal on the Full Disclosure edition last year from Amazon that this shouldn't count as a double dip.

Really, I tell myself these things!