Slipbox Apocalypto (Blu-ray Slipbox) [Korea]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: January 19, 2017
Purchase links: TBA - (Pre-order on December 22, 2016)
KimchiDVD: Full Slip - Lenticular Slip - One Click
Novamedia: Full Slip - Lenticular Slip
Price: $29.99
Note: Full Slip limited to 1000 copies, Lenticular limited to 1000 copies

15589529_1557170980964291_8558817694654929726_n.jpg 15590362_1557170907630965_3472684230113439839_n.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting choice! I remember liking it although I dont remember many details. Lenti for me! Most of my collection is Amarays with Lenti Slips so it's not an issue for me. I rarely buy non-3D or 4K releases so this is a rarity for me!

I think the transition effect will look kinda like Insurgent lenti slip.

Ya know, I thought I would order the lenti... but I actually ordered the other slip. The lentis are "work" to move them back and forth. As soon as you set them down, the effect is over (or partial, good grief). They're ok if you want to avoid buying two covers, but these would look better as printed paper than lenti to me anyway. The two lenti images would look AWESOME printed on paper.

Apocalypto looks to have more twisting depth than Insurgent, so I think this will turn out better than Insurgent, unless Insurgent was advertised with more twisting depth in the sample.gif than what we see in punkninja's video.

I admire a non-lenti more than a lenti. I think lentis look best on my computer--not on a slip. Also I'd look at them more on the computer. Plus there was another double-dip (Predestination) and the non-velvet Gloomy Sunday in my cart, so even though I planned to double dip on Apocalypto a day or two ago, I've changed my mind. I'm just not a lenti guy. I know myself and need to stay in my lane.

I must say that I am a Lenti fan probably more than a Bluray fan so there may be bias here but I've never seen a Lenti slip that looks as good in photos or video as it does in hand. All depth is lost in a photo or video (even poor quality Lentis).

I must say that I am a Lenti fan probably more than a Bluray fan so there may be bias here but I've never seen a Lenti slip that looks as good in photos or video as it does in hand. All depth is lost in a photo or video (even poor quality Lentis).
The video part I agree with. I should have said that I was impressed with the Apocalypto .gif from the merchants websites that was probably also posted somewhere in this thread (not in the OP). That lossless .gif would have come from the images used to make the lenti.

The video part I agree with. I should have said that I was impressed with the Apocalypto .gif from the merchants websites that was probably also posted somewhere in this thread (not in the OP). That lossless .gif would have come from the images used to make the lenti.
1482047035213337.gif

This looks really nice :hungry: . So pleased that I ordered a copy; and it's been despatched :thumbs:.

BTW, this is region A

Really? I know it's on the bottom of the box, but have you tried it? If so: Huge bummer! :dunno:(n)

On quite a few boxes from Asian retailers the region coding on the slip box does not correspond with the disc (i.e. the disc is region free, actually). Somebody explained it a while back, it has something to do with distributor rights if I'm not mistaken. (Don't quote me on that, please. I guess someone more knowledgable will come by.)

Last edited:
I learned very quickly that collecting Blurays almost necessitates all region players. As a big 3D fan in the US I would say I've been forced to import half of my collection :(