10992245-1409331729-219202.jpg
10992245-1409331729-219195.jpg

Attachments

• Apocalypto.jpg
    Apocalypto.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 873
Last edited by a moderator:
Indiana Jones was that price.

if memory serves that was from 2 years ago orginally, also would have been have been paramount and not icon home entertainment :D

for me is a pass, i personally can't watch a film in another language in this case mayan according to zavvi and then hang on every sub its too much but thats just me.

also i think you will find this won't sell even if is ultra limited. my 50p bet would be it will be matte and will drop down to £9.99 over a period of time. which will be its true value imho.

basil :thumbs:

As long as the finish is better than the zavvi ' Reservoir Dogs ' which is so bad I'm tempted to just put it in the bin as seems unfair to try and even sell it to anyone.

Reactions: hatredhorror
Jew defiler and '*****' basher

What is "******"? Voldemort? Br.com :D?

Anyway, to me he's a great actor and a great director, and I don't care what he says when he's drunk.

I pre-ordered this, but I won't pre-order We Were Soldiers as I have to see it first (I do hate overtly patriotic stuff so if it is, then it's a pass).

Hopefully the Braveheart steelbook will come down in price soon, and I hope Zavvi gets to do The Passion of the Christ in steelbook (it seemed like a more complementary title to Apocalypto, since We Were Soldiers wasn't directed by Gibson).

I wouldn't mind some other films of his in steelbook, such as the Mad Max trilogy (we're bound to have a steelbook for Fury Road so we might as well have the three other Mad Max films in individual steels too), the Lethal Weapon quadrilogy, Gallipoli, The Year of Living Dangerously, The Bounty, The Man Without a Face, Maverick, Ransom, Payback, Conspiracy Theory, Chicken Run, Signs, and his recent Beaver (yes, it's a great film) and Get the Gringo could all get my money if they're done right :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SaberTooth
I pre-ordered this, but I won't pre-order We Were Soldiers as I have to see it first (I do hate overtly patriotic stuff so if it is, then it's a pass).

In that case, you won't like "We Were Soldiers".

I saw it at the cinema, when first released in 2002, and was rather disappointed. It started off quite well, dealing with the aftermath of the French defeat at Dien Bien Phu in 1954. However, when it moved on to US involvement in Vietnam, a decade later, it rapidly degenerated into gung-ho jingoism!

That's just my opinion and I'm sure that many here feel differently. I for one, however, have never felt the need or desire to re-visit this movie.

"Apocalypto", however, is a masterpiece that I never tire of watching.

• Informative
Reactions: JackRegan and Bunk
Anyway, to me he's a great actor and a great director, and I don't care what he says when he's drunk.

Hopefully the Braveheart steelbook will come down in price soon, and I hope Zavvi gets to do The Passion of the Christ in steelbook (it seemed like a more complementary title to Apocalypto, since We Were Soldiers wasn't directed by Gibson).

I wouldn't mind some other films of his in steelbook, such as the Mad Max trilogy (we're bound to have a steelbook for Fury Road so we might as well have the three other Mad Max films in individual steels too), the Lethal Weapon quadrilogy, Gallipoli, The Year of Living Dangerously, The Bounty, The Man Without a Face, Maverick, Ransom, Payback, Conspiracy Theory, Chicken Run, Signs, and his recent Beaver (yes, it's a great film) and Get the Gringo could all get my money if they're done right :).

Dont kno nearly as much about his films as u sir (havent even seen Braveheart lol) but, i love his Passion of
The Christ
and his " Fukckk the gutless mainstream" attitude in getting the film made :punch:

...check out my little ode to it from last december :writing: :cool:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/the-passion-of-the-christ-2004.42953/

Last edited:
Reactions: augustus and Bunk
Dont kno nearly as much about his films as u sir (havent even seen Braveheart lol) but, i love his Passion of
The Christ
and his " Fukckk the gutless mainstream" attitude in getting the film made :punch:

...check out my little ode to it from last december :writing: :cool:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/the-passion-of-the-christ-2004.42953/

I agree with you on both counts.

Only Mel Gibson could get away with, and succeed, in making two cinematic masterpieces with authentic dialogue in the original, and now extinct, languages of Aramaic and Latin, in the case of "The Passion of the Christ" and Mayan, in the case of "Apocalypto".

Unfortunately, in this politically correct world that we now live in, his star has waned, due to his drunken outbursts, and it seems unlikely that he'll ever again be given the opportunity to repeat the success of those two movies.

In any event, a Steelbook release of "The Passion of the Christ" would be welcome, especially as this year marks the 10th anniversary of its release.

Had to order it, amazing movie.And as somebody said above, it would be great to get more Gibson movies, especially Lethal Weapon, Payback and The Beaver( it's really a good movie)

Looks good but the artwork on back is very nice and detailed with great colours blending in well with the effect and for a great price a very good buy...

Does anyone know what's happening with this one? Has anybody has theirs shipped yet? It should have dispatched Tuesday or Wednesday but they haven't even charged my card and it's supposedly out tomorrow. :(

I did email Zavvi on Friday but unsurprisingly they have yet to reply. :grumpy: