Apple Watch-are you getting one?

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
If so, color, edition?
Chime in!

aw.png

Whether to purchase at all. I'm old school so I have worn a watch since I was a kid. But reluctant to change to new tech when all I really need is the time. If I want lavish effects and games and temperature etc.. then I just take out my iPhone.

I also feel that the Apple Watch came out too late. It should have been released last year as originally planned. Since poor Jobs left this Earth I feel that Apple have fallen into their comfort zone.

Reactions: digitalbabe
I will admit I would have never thought I would have cared about a smart watch of any sort. But for Xmas I was given a Pebble Watch. Basically the one I have seems only difference is its not in color and cheaper. I hear its like $99.

I absolutely love it. Who would have thought how much convenience it adds to my life. I can download apps and stuff to it too but besides the watch face that shows weather I dont really do much apps. Instead its just great to see my texts and emails come across it. No longer do have I have the urge to always dig in my pocket to see what email just came in ... now a quick glance at my watch and I know if its urgent or if it can wait.

That may seem silly, but I think its one of those things where you dont know how valuable that is until you have it. That being said, having experienced probably the cheaper slimmed down version I have interest in the apple watch. But I'm also currently satisfied with the Pebble so not going to spend much money on the apple watch until its a decent price.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: MrBMT
I'm tempted, though I may wait until Apple Pay support hits the UK. A co-worker should be having his arrive within the next week or so, so I'll get a good look at one then.
If I were to get one, it'd be the 38mm Space Grey Aluminium Case with Black Sport Band (I have pretty tiny wrists).

I've ended up with a Fitbit Surge which does what I need and has replaced a regular watch (anyone want to buy 40 or so? lol). Would have love an Apple watch but too expensive still I think.
Because the other half usually has her phone on silent I've just bought her a Martian Notifier for £35 as a Christmas present (shhhh!) so that at least she'll know when it's ringing :p