aod.jpg

picture.php

View attachment 70817

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 697
Last edited by a moderator:
What is actually going on? Some people (myself included) are receiving eMails apologising about the date being pushed back to November 17th, but other people are getting dispatch eMails and are receiving their SteelBooks?! Their website still says November 17th...

No doubt we'll catch Zavvi selling around 500+ spare copies on eBay at an inflated price as usual... :rolleyes::thumbs:

I received both, first the apology mail, then the dispatch message. Weird...

Since they no longer allow for Paypal purchases I have not been keeping more than I needed in that account. But since they said November would be the release date, I had yet to replenish my funds. Now I get an e-mail about payment problems and that I'll have to cancel and reorder. This is bullsh*t! I haven't much time, but I would have made some time to cover the costs if I had known. If I miss out on this now I'm going to go ballistic.

I guess it will be up again at zavvi and if not you will be able to get the steel from ebay for about the same price (at least within the next weeks)

Utter chaos around the release, but despite this I have to say in hand this is probably going to be in my top 5 steelbooks of the year. It has an amazing finish to it, and that back cover... :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I think this is perhaps Studiocanal's best steelbook to date in my opinion, gloss + metallic inks done right!

Happy to get this steelbook in my hands, I was having doubts it would happen, after the release dates fiasco, got to say it's groovy, an awesome release for this classic. :thumbs:

Zavvi listing page still cites November 17th as release date, despite people actually having it in-hand right now. I think we deserve to have an official explanation for this cock-up from Zavvi! Why did they change the release date last week (twice, no less!), yet then decide to ship them a few days later? Why have they still not rectified the issue on their website?

Until Zavvi pull their finger out and ship my copy, I suppose I will continue to receive these annoying apology eMails every few days until November 17th, as I am receiving right now for Ghost In The Shell! More frustratingly, why have some people had their Ghost In The Shell and Army Of Darkness SteelBooks shipped, when other customers haven't?

Does anyone at Zavvi even know their arse from their elbow?

Maybe they had a partial delivery or a batch was damaged on arrival but I agree that Zavvi should supply an explanation.

I don't understand why this has not come back up for preorder.

Just a theory but maybe Zavvi are playing the waiting game like they did with Ghostbusters 2. Sales are not what they expected with many of these 2000 print run releases.

I'll be very surprised if it doesn't come back in stock for a while.

if this comes back in stock, i doubt this will last for long. i think this is more like the indy steels, a must have, and only 2k in this case...
evil dead 1 had a massive print-run, evil dead 2 was 4k and already rare, i think this will be one of the most sought-after zavvi steels of 2014.

Reactions: snooloui